Adrien Rabiot - CM - PSG (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
that´s impossible. one of the most recognized managers of all time passed up on pogba. you just can´t get them all and if you try to you will go broke.
having said that, i obviously hope that we do as well as possible ^^. and yes, there are no two ways about it: had we gotten verratti, he would have turned out great.

well that´s a bit exaggerated but basically i agree.
imo the more important thing is that hindsight doesn´t really help. of course i´m regretting not getting verratti back then but i can see why we decided to do so.

it´s just too easy to call out mistakes after seeing how the situation turned out, while ignoring own misjudgements.
for example, i bet like 80% of the forum thought tottenham had a great mercato last season... well no, they didn´t ;)
and the same goes for talents. pretty much every day i read somewhere "look at club x. they bought player y for 5m from fc unknown argentina and now he is worth 30m. that´s how it should be done".
but nobody ever mentions that every year tons of "talented players" get bought from all over the world for sums of around 5m and most of them fail miserably...
nobody cares though, because only the successful ones stay in the spotlight.

marrone to replace pirlo :lol:. maybe hustini had that plan several years ago but i´m 100% sure that nobody at juventus is even remotely thinking about that possibility :D.

again: i´m not against the rabiot signing. i don´t know him well enough to judge his value. all i´m saying is that
- people who don´t know him (well) should stop treating him as a must transfer because of a youtube video.
- people should stop making something personal out of every transfer. if roma think he is worth 5m and we don´t then this doesn´t mean that we are a $#@! club or a poor club.
- having said that: we are a (relatively) poor club so we should we careful with statements like "5m? why not" or the classic "JUST PAY..." :)

I have seen a few substitute appearance of his, and the club have placed scouts following him that shows we have genuine interest on potentially talented player. We are still the richest club in Italy and top 10 in Europe. 5m when you put to relative of what we pay for Peluso, Padoin, or even half or Marrone, for a 19 year old with potential to be our 5th CM is still cheap. And he has a low wage. Dun't make us look like Fiorentina, we are not that poor. I'm not saying we should go all out for him neither the club will crash if we do not sign him, but he certainly has some potential and we have a window of opportunity which Marotta recognizes because he got a year left in contract. We can either get him now for relatively low price or convince the player to sign up for free with us.

Mean while this just came in.

Adrien Rabiot a step away from Rome. , writes today the "Corriere dello Sport" , according to which the Giallorossi would have mocked all the clubs that were pressing in on the talented French contract expiring in 2015, among them Inter and Juventus. Walter Sabatini, strong of good relations with the Paris Saint Germain after the negotiations for the passage of Marquinhos in France, he reached an agreement with the club of Jean Claude Blanc on the basis of an indemnity 4-5 million euro.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Apparently both Roma and Inter have reached an agreement with PSG, but as far as we know it's the boy's mother who decides where he goes.

:beppe:

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
I have seen a few substitute appearance of his, and the club have placed scouts following him that shows we have genuine interest on potentially talented player.
and not buying him for a certain price after scouting him certainly shows that
a) we don´t think he is worth it or
b) we think he is worth it but need the money elsewhere.
that´s the point. some in here make it sound like we don´t sign him just because...

"poor" as in "operating on a tight budget". look at last years transfer period. we had almost no net expenditure (iirc we even made some money) because we had to be careful considering ffp.
furthermore 5m could well be the difference between getting a much needed winger (if we really want to change formation) or missing out. and before some idiot starts moaning again: no, i´m not saying that we should pay 35m for iturbe -.-

i agree about the padoin/peluso part but this doesn´t really change anything in our current situation.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Besides us, I really think Roma would be a fantastic destination for him.

He'll win fuck all trophies, but will have much more of a chance to break into their midfield and make a big name for himself and THEN move onto a bigger club.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Playing time probably :D It will be a bit harder to break into our midfield than Roma's…

Well maybe the 15/16 season might be a touch easier if we sell one of our jewels...
Roma are stacked in the middle too.

And I think Pirlo should get rotated more.

But yeah Roma is a way better option than Inter.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
There's no way he'll go to Inter if he has an idea about Mazzarri's track record with youngsters.

Roma is a huge obstacle for now tho.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
we must handle quick. convince him to chose only us and the rest is easy then. i doubt there is a big difference for PSG between 3-4M and 7-8M...

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Roma and Inter are trying for him by dealing with PSG (5-7m) . We have agreement with Rabiot he wants to join us , but want him for free next year ( as of now ) - GDM

Inter already has an agreement with PSG , Roma's representative went to paris couple of days ago according to GDM .

Most likely even Roma got PSG to agree thats why CDS reported that Rome has bought him 5m .

Juventus is quiet ( low profile so that we can get him for free i guess ) as they have an agreement with him - SKY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)