Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    The PSG fan who's nephew played with Coman in the interview wit GDM said he's similar to Thiago Motta. :D

Jun 21, 2014
    Their oil money mentality means they just fill out any weak positions with ready made stars, so they probably don't give two $#@!s about losing players who they may or may not want to use in half a decade. As long as they meet the bare minimum requirements for homegrown players, they will be unlikely to care about where their youth players wind up.
    Well as the Coman story may make it look like PSG don't care shit about their youth players, i don't think it's really the case, if you look at Areola, Sabaly, Ongenda and some other talent of the youth setup, PSG did get them some loan spell in decent side and same go for Rabiot last year who this year did get some nice play time for a 18 years old boy.
    Now reality is PSG is a new rich that had to make an impact to become attractive to push player to join a lower competition like L1. For the same reason they also try to do as best as they can in Champion League so of course at the moment they are looking more for established player and can't promise one from the youth setup 1500 minute or more play time.
    Anyway that's just the general mentality of most club who are playing champion league. How many player in the Juventus regular are from the youth setup for example?

There is also other factor to take into account like the fact that Laurent Blanc didn't have the faith of Nasser and had to wait quite some time before getting an extension offer, you can't blame the guy for not caring at the moment about the youth player future.

Going back to Rabiot case the guy is a real pain in the ass always menacing to leave when he don't have what he want and using media for it and to be honest he could go i won't cry about him. He is still quite a talent not like Coman but can really do some great game tough but can be quite nonchalant and frustrating, you just got the feeling he don't try sometime, also i don't think that many 18 years boy did get more play time than him in Europe, so him asking more play time at that age...

As for Coman for some obscure reason the "project" proposed from PSG don't satisfy him, while it's actually a loan in the decent L1 side, i don't know what happen behind the scene but seem like his departure was already decided before December, also for a 17years old it is practically the best he could get, he would be a titular and if he do great after one years he could get a good place in the squad.

So on that point you can't fault that on "Oil Money" i think the player are not fully innocent too but it seem like this is a generation that because they are homegrown think they have the "priority" and should have granted play time. Yet lets follow Sakho example and think when they will go outside L1 they will behave like professional and do great. At least i think Coman will do as for Rabiot he have some work to do on his mentality.

Anyway i just hope the 2 of them will do well, if they go tough i don't think Rabiot will go except if PSG get his hand on an other middle field.

Jun 21, 2014
    :analcanon:

Anyway over all Coman is the best deal of the 2 and italy may prove to pretty good for him you will be surprised by the talent of the boy. In term of talent Rabiot is nowhere near him but is certainly more mature as a footballer.

I agree on that i don't like Pique too! ;)

Jun 21, 2014
    They are gay. I'm well educated in a racist and homophobic way, tough I'm sometime draw of the way when i see my players fire a good shot, i get this feeling you know to be ready to clean it for them...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)