Adrian Mutu (14 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Capello reinvents midfielder Mutu
Saturday 13 August, 2005
Fabio Capello is reshuffling his pack ahead of the Trofeo Berlusconi and could use Adrian Mutu in a new wide position against Milan.

“This will be a real match and much more than a summer friendly,” commented the Coach ahead of Sunday’s clash at the San Siro. “It’s an important trophy and both teams will play with the right level of intensity.”

The Bianconeri beat Inter 2-0 and were defeated by Napoli on a shoot-out in last night’s Trofeo TIM, but the games were notable for the successful experiment of using Mutu in Pavel Nedved’s usual wide left position.

“I settled in well on the left side of midfield and did what the Coach asked of me,” explained the former Chelsea striker.

“I have been training hard for the last six or seven months and finally start to feel on form. My legs are beginning to get match fit and I’m improving with every game, so at this point I am confident it’s going to be a great season.”

The Romanian joined Juve on a free transfer in January after Chelsea fired him for failing a routine drugs test. The Premiership outfit has demanded £7.5m remuneration for breach of contract, but Mutu’s appeal will be heard by the TAS tribunal in Lausanne on October 24.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Interesting. I think Mutu has the ability to play an attacking left midfield role, as his passing is certainly above average for a forward and carries great speed. Questions will be asked over his defensive ability, though, as he will certainly need to back-track in Capello's system.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Mutu playing Nedved's role? hm this is wad I would thought of since he has been playing in LS position b4. I'm sure he would be able to get back to his position pretty quick as he's a fast sprinter. Let's see abt his defensive abilities. Maybe Mutu would be Neddy's replacement after all.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
i really love that ,, ppl started to humiliate him saying he's a a fcking drugs boy when he was playing with chelsea and as soon as they did see him playing the friendly matechs with juve and preformed well they said ooh yeah he is the man ?

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Mutu is fitting rather well in our attacking system... However I don't see him and Nedved in the same lineup.

Under Capello, we can expect only good things from him this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)