additional referee (1 Viewer)

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
Zürich, 28 October 2002 - Under the chairmanship of Angel Maria Villar Llona (Spain), the newly composed FIFA Referees’ Committee met for the first time today, Monday 28 October, at FIFA headquarters in Zurich. FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter was also in attendance and stated that he is confident that the committee will complete its tasks over the course of the next four years.
While reviewing refereeing at the 2002 FIFA World Cup™, the committee unanimously agreed that the best referees and assistants, working as trios from the same country, should be in charge at the next FIFA World Cup™.

Furthermore, the members took note of several projects in the FIFA Referee Development Training Programme that are either in progress or planned for the near future. Details of these projects will be published via FIFA’s various channels, such as www.fifa.com, as soon as they are available.

The list of International Referees, Assistant Referees and Futsal Referees for 2003 was also completed and will be submitted to the FIFA Executive Committee for approval at its next meeting.

The committee agreed to a proposal from the chairman of the committee regarding new criteria and profiles for the selection and the scope of function of FIFA instructors on refereeing courses. “Their role is fundamental to the education of referees and to the consistent application of the Laws of the Game”, said Angel Maria Villar Llona.

The members also decided to select “high quality” trios of officials, again from the same country, for the FIFA World Youth Championship 2003, to be played between 25 March and 16 April in the United Arab Emirates.

Furthermore, provided that the International FA Board gives this experiment the green light, an additional referee will be positioned behind each goal to observe both the goal line and penalty area during one or more of the FIFA competitions scheduled for 2003. A detailed proposal will be elaborated to improve the definition of this experiment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I want three officials running around the pitch, two on each of the longer sides of the field for offside and miscellaneous goals, 1 in each corner to monitor correct execution of the corner kick and one more ref playing a free role, wearing a jet pack to make sure he can get around. :rolleyes:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Referee's general conditions are so bad at the moment... so I will welcome something like this... :thumb:

OP
Platinì

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    :LOL:

Martin, d'u have any idea how much r going to cost us all these people each game? :scared: :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    jus use TV evidence for god's sake :groan:
    Also can be ok... but I'm afraid that with it players will complain 4 every action cause they want to see it again and matches will last 5 howers each....

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Also can be ok... but I'm afraid that with it players will complain 4 every action cause they want to see it again and matches will last 5 howers each....
    well the ref can refuse to let them take a look at the replay..if he is certain of his decision!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    well the ref can refuse to let them take a look at the replay..if he is certain of his decision!
    I'm sure there will be polemics also... but of course it will be a big step foward... referees have too much power now... they can change the result of a match if they want right now... :fero:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I think an aditional ref behind the goal is a good decision. More eyes see more stuff :D Although TV evidence would be even better, because more people could decide whether a foul should be called or not. The only negative factor would be the interruption of the game :undecide:

Aug 30, 2002
    If I was a goalie the extra ref behind the goal might be a bit of a distraction. Even if it isn't I think it will just create more chaos cos he maybe close to the goal but he's still gonna get things wrong.

Recently, there was a top flight game in Sweden that used tv replays as a one off experiment, and apparently it went smoothly with not much extra time used.

WE NEED TV EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i agree, as much as i hate turning football into American Football, still think TV Evidence is the best thing.

No matter how many refs you put, TV is still gonna be more accurate.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++
    If I was a goalie the extra ref behind the goal might be a bit of a distraction. Even if it isn't I think it will just create more chaos cos he maybe close to the goal but he's still gonna get things wrong.
    I don't think it would distract him, since there are usually fans behind or the reporters or the ones who pick up balls :)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++
    Recently, there was a top flight game in Sweden that used tv replays as a one off experiment, and apparently it went smoothly with not much extra time used.
    When, what, who? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)