Abbiati set for Milan return (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Milan have told Juventus to forget about their hopes of keeping Christian Abbiati at the club once his loan stint comes to an end.

Reports have suggested that Juve wanted to secure Abbiati on a permanent basis after an excellent six months at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

However, the Rossoneri have insisted that Abbiati will return to the San Siro when his contract at Juve expires in the summer.

"Abbiati’s situation is very clear," stated Vice-President Adriano Galliani on Monday. "He is on loan at Juventus until June, but he is still a Milan player."

The reigning champions netted Abbiati as a personal favour from Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi.

The Italian Prime Minister offered the ‘keeper once Gigi Buffon was ruled out for six months after damaging his shoulder in a pre-season friendly between the two sides.

Although Abbiati did initially make a few mistakes, he’s been a major reason why the Old Lady are currently nine points clear at the top of the table.

Abbiati, who now faces competition from a fit-again Buffon, had become something of a forgotten figure in Italian football after the exceptional form of Nelson Dida.

Nevertheless, Abbiati may regain the No 1 shirt for the Rossoneri next term after some decidedly shaky performances from the Brazilian of late.

Dida, who is set to start in goal for the Selecao in the World Cup, made a costly mistake last night which gave Parma the lead – even if Milan won the game 4-3. <br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Too bad, I'm really starting to like Abbiati. Without him and Chimenti gone, we need a backup goalie for Buffon, time to start the search I suppose. :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Yup Abbiati has always performed well for us. Now that Dida isn't really living up to the standards after repeating the same error, I think Abbiati will be called back to be the goalie.

Arvin

Juve Star
    Dec 30, 2004
    well, now milan saw that Abbiati is a very good keeper now they want him back....if i were ABBIATI i would never ever return to milan again...now milan dumps both kalac and dida......MILAN IS AFRAID FROM JUVE.....FORZA JUVE

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Abbiati is a decent backup goalie... who wouldn't want him.

I personally think Milan's given us a favor by loaning the guy until August.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I love it. Milan lets Abbiati's form go to crap on the bench. Now they're having second thoughts, particularly after some Dida muffs.

Good news for Abbiati, though. He deserves some credit for what he's done for us.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    I think that Abbiati really deserves Milan's first keeper place,and he deserved it before,because he is way better than Dida.

Too bad he needs to rejoin milan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)