Aaron Ramsey (29 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
unless he’s unvaxxed I don’t see this affecting his market too much as he should be recovered within a week.
I'm not aware of the specific regulations regarding quarantine in Italy and travelling from Italy to England, but it might get really tight in Jan. fingers crossed he recovers lightning fast.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I am not surprised at all how Ramsey ended up. He was a good (not special) player for a team that finished 4th at best in the EPL routinely. How or why Juve thought of making him one of their best paid players, when you were at the time challenging for CL titles and winning the Serie A, i will never understand

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
It was his goal scoring prowess that made us pay him millions. His phenomenal 6 goals from midfield for Juve in 70 games but more importantly his 6 goals in 13 games for Wales were worth every penny

In all seriousness though I don’t think the management understood Ramsey when we signed him, we’ve played him in strange roles and I do believe we’ve likely over trained him which has caused injury. When a footballer is made out of glass he needs a specific training regime and it’s clear looking at our injury record that we don’t tailor fitness programs for anyone

Last edited:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
For us, he was always the kind of midfielder that could have moments. He had a great engine, and made good runs. But his general play and technical ability have never been good enough IMO.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
In all seriousness though I don’t think the management understood Ramsey when we signed him, we’ve played him in strange roles and I do believe we’ve likely over trained him which has caused injury. When a footballer is made out of glass he needs a specific training regime and it’s clear looking at our injury record that we don’t trailer fitness programs for anyone
Agreed.

Made of glass = stay the fuck away from him, not offer him a ridiculous contract.

Specific training regime should only apply to players coming off injuries, not to players who need it 24/7 all year round.

This was a monumental fuck up that is holding us back from being able to move in the right direction.

To think he is declining offers from other teams when he has played fuck all football the past few seasons is beyond me. I'd be embarrassed if I was him.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
If the leech does not leave this winter, might as well bring him back to the first team and make him play. Whatever that means.
We gave the guy such a ridiculous wage and bonus scheme it’s going to be damn near impossible to get him out. He will play for wales on 1 leg and even if he’s not played football for 7 months. In fact him moving elsewhere would risk an injury and potentially rule him out of the playoffs

Sadly I think we need to get used to the idea that we’re not going to get rid of Ramsey. He has literally no reason to pass on 10m and a huge loyalty bonus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)