A week of Windows (1 Viewer)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #22
    Majed, I answered your question before. ;)

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Martin have u got a lot of desktop space or do u play CM in a small(er) window?
    As you can see from the screenshot, my working resolution is 1600x1200 :) Besides, CM crashes on me when not running windowed.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

As you can see from the screenshot, my working resolution is 1600x1200 :)
    Hrmm I think i'm going blind, i can't see a res. report... :mute:

Besides, CM crashes on me when not running windowed.
    That's pretty bizarre... as a windows user :)embarass: ), I find that i get more complaints when running games windowed

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #24
    Right click on the image and select properties. :)

Some games do, some don't. CM isn't exactly (and shouldn't be) graphically intensive. When I allow it to try and change my resolution, directx f. up and locks my screen. Haven't tried running it in Windows though, not since CM4 demo.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Right click on the image and select properties. :)
    Oh pfft I expected a geek like you to have their resolution displayed on their desktop, along with a full colour graph... even though it never changes... i don't understand people who put those stats on their desk.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    when i last formated my hard disk...i left around 5 gigs of "unpartitioned/unformatted" disk space. i assume i could install linux in that space right?
    DUDE!!!!

Who the hell did that??!!! :eek:
    that's really really wierd!! :confused:

has this happened to anyone else before?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

DUDE!!!!

Who the hell did that??!!! :eek:
    that's really really wierd!! :confused:

has this happened to anyone else before?
    Yes, it's because of the error described in the "Sluggish Response" thread. You think it didn't post your message, because it stays in the post message screen saying "loading"....for ages and ages.... and then u press it again

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Oh pfft I expected a geek like you to have their resolution displayed on their desktop, along with a full colour graph... even though it never changes... i don't understand people who put those stats on their desk.
    Why would I write it on my desktop? It's not like it's hard to remember or anything :undecide: :confused:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    exactly, that's why i said i'll never understand people who have useless stuff that never changes on their desktops, cos they think it makes them look cool...;)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #30
    ;)

I remember I saw a hack for WinXP once, it would display the build # for your XP on the desktop. Not only does that not have any useful purpose at all, it can actually help MS track down the piracy cycle (through screenshots) if they know which build got out of hand somewhere. Incidentally, a lot of the "unofficially" licenced users that replied wanted the hack as they thought it made their desktop look cooler for some bizarre reason. :D

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    @ fabiana
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    macs suck!!!
    girls from venezuela are ugly!!!

NO OFFENCE.. that was just an example to show you how stupid your statement was... i don't have any proof in it and my statement was completely unqualified as i have never seen a venezuelan girl...
    the same goes for your one... have you an evidence? have you ever worked on a mac? there are loads of false rumours about macs being bad around, but if somebody envies something he's talking bad bout it...

@ martin
    CM is available on the mac aswell - i'm really happy about that...
    there are some companies that transfer com-games from the pc to the mac...
    i normally don't play games, but i'm cm is an exception and it's great to have it on my mac....

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi Martin,

Just a quick question. How do you find the difference between Suse/Redhat/Mandrake etc...?

I tried Redhat 7.3 before (kinda hard for me to adjust for a start) but just for a few weeks before my comp got fried :-\ now I'm back to using Windows..

-S-

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #37
    Could you be more specific, I don't quite understand your question.. :undecide:

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    oops...forget I asked :LOL: I just saw your "Linux for Newbies" thread :) No I was just curious on the how different are all these version from the other. I only know how Redhat Linux is like so far...:)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #39
    Well Suse and Mandrake are quite similar. Simple but the user is in power, Lindows contradicts that, you get less options, less control over the system. Red Hat is much like Mandrake and Suse, only less user friendly IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)