A true hattrick (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
How do you score a true hattrick.
I thought you had to score them all in on half. But I have heard other versions.
Yesterday a guy called Dede scored three goals in the first half but he didn't score them in a row he scored the first, second and fourth. Did he do a true hattrick?
If you score three goals in a row but no in the same half, is that a hattrick?

What are the rules of a real hattrick and where does the name "hattrick" come from?

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
so if he scores 3 goals not in the same half. how you call this?

I dont know the exact name for it.

Our commentators call it just hattrick, but when someone scores all 3 in the same half, they add this "classic" word, so classic hattrick.
However I dont know, what proper names they can have in English. If there are any.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
3 goals in a row :)
that wasn't my question :D

I dont know the exact name for it
Our commentators call it just hattrick, but when someone scores all 3 in the same half, they add this "classic" word, so classic hattrick.
However I dont know, what proper names they can have in English. If there are any.
here we say hattrick (other word of course) no matter what

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
A "true" or "classic" hattrick is three goals in a row, scored by the same player in the same half, without any other goals in between.

Any other combination of 3 goals is also called a "regular" hattrick.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
A "true" or "classic" hattrick is three goals in a row, scored by the same player in the same half, without any other goals in between.

Row thing was new for me.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Hattrick is scoring 3 goals in one match by the same player .. it doesn't have to be in a row or in the same half .. he could score 2 goals in the first half and then complete the hattrick in the second ..

The word 'Hat-trick' I think comes from cricket .. because in the old days whenever a bowler took three wickets with three successive balls a 'hat-trick' was performed in which a hat was used to be passed around amongst the spectators for the bowlers benefit .. hence the term 'Hat-trick'.

However, ofcourse in football it is known that whenever a player scores a hattrick he gets to keep the ball as a memorabilia - or if it was George Best he would sell it :LOL:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

+

++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Hattrick is scoring 3 goals in one match by the same player .. it doesn't have to be in a row or in the same half .. he could score 2 goals in the first half and then complete the hattrick in the second ..
= :confused:

Sources please :)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
He probably made that up :)
Hell no, I read it somewhere or maybe a commentator once mentioned it .. hmmm .. anyway, I was the only one who gave a reasonable explanation of where the word hat-trick probably came from :stuckup: :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
The word 'Hat-trick' I think comes from cricket .. because in the old days whenever a bowler took three wickets with three successive balls a 'hat-trick' was performed in which a hat was used to be passed around amongst the spectators for the bowlers benefit .. hence the term 'Hat-trick'.
I know it comes from cricket, but I've heard that in the past, the bowler had to take 3 wickets in the same over... succesive balls is a bit too much to ask. I also heard that when a bowler achieves this, he got a new hat! Serious!

As for football hat-tricks, I don't think a player would copmlain if the goals weren't scored in the same half or if they were scored in a row. Could you imagine a player scoring three goals in a game, and thinking "Oh $#!^, they weren't in the same half". Three goals in a single match is an achievement.

Hehe I know u guys were asking for the classical definition of the term, but in reality, it's all the same :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)