A Thought Experiment (2 Viewers)

OP
rounder
Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #21
    Eℓvin;2051634 said:
    Dude, even asking the question "why is it wrong?" is wrong :D
    I'm not saying it's not wrong, I think it is. I am only asking what rational explanation do we have to why it is wrong.

This is what I expected when I first opened this thread and this is the point I was trying to make. Many people will say it is immoral and will even feel insulted that there even has to be an explanation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    So just because you can't find a rational argument as to why it's not moral, then that makes it ok?

fuck that, rational explanation or not. It's wrong.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    So just because you can't find a rational argument as to why it's not moral, then that makes it ok?
    Precisely. A rational basis for morality is what both minimizes suffering and maximizes freedom. Saying dogmatically "it's wrong" is not a justification for anything and precludes discussion towards consensus.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Precisely. A rational basis for morality is what both minimizes suffering and maximizes freedom. Saying dogmatically "it's wrong" is not a justification for anything.
    So if 90% of the worlds population started fucking their mothers, you'd be ok with it?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    So if 90% of the worlds population started fucking their mothers, you'd be ok with it?
    That is not exactly the standard way of testing moral principles, but if that actually happened then we could see the results of that first hand and determine whether it's actually harmful. And then we would know.

If it turned out to harm noone, on what basis would it be wrong?

Jun 26, 2007

fuck that, rational explanation or not. It's wrong.
    You say it's wrong because it's against human instinct. We're hardwired to be disgusted with it because for thousands of years sex usually led to pregnancy.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Exactly. Now we've reached a level, where we sit down to discuss and argue whether fucking your own mother is moral or not. Oh how low we have steeped.
    Okay so instead we should just take your word for it that it's wrong?

The very fact that you would criticize moral discussion is pretty hair raising to me.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Seven says BD is a retard,so can we conclude that his parents are related?Couples that mate do bring forth kids that are much like Corky.
    If being mentally slow is a way to determine someone was the result of incest then incest must be a lot more common than we like to think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)