A special request (2 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Lippi, please play with Davids instead of Appiah! at least in the big and important games!
Appiah, as much as I like him as a player, is not what Davids is. he's not experienced and can't control the midfield like Davids.
we'r not getting good results against the big teams. A player like Davids is missing.

Please, bring him back to the starting lineup!!!!
what do you guys think??

Buy on AliExpress.com

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
Agree! But unfortunately Lippi hasn't heard/read this! Today he didn't send Edgar onto the pitch! And when Lazio was leading for 2-0, he still didn't send him to the field. I just can't understand his changes today! :confused:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++
Agree! But unfortunately Lippi hasn't heard/read this! Today he didn't send Edgar onto the pitch! And when Lazio was leading for 2-0, he still didn't send him to the field. I just can't understand his changes today! :confused:
You cant understand his changes today??

Did you even watch the game??

We played an awful first half and then from the moment lippi made his 3 changes at the beginning of the second half we dominated.... what more do you want... his changes were perfect!! Afterwhich we did everything but score.

If you dont understand those changes then you should give up watching football!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It wouldnt make sense to put on a defensive midfielder when we need a goal, especially considering that Appiah wasnt that bad.

IMO, he should have subbed Mico in for Camo, left Treze in and played with 4 strikers, where DP would be the left wing and mico right.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lippi´s chpices after the first half were right.. i dont see whya ll the fuss.

Anyways, appiah or davids.. it would be the same shit.. as our attackers and creatives were not accurated... well at least not always.

And like Goat said.... Appiah was not doing a bad job. and was not his fault our loss.

Aug 1, 2003
appiah has disappointed me in the past few games but i reckon we should still give him more chances, he earned it.

as for davids, he could really come in handy for matches against inter and the likes! :D

Forza Pitbull!!

slack

Dec 13, 2002
The reason why Appiah is playing whether he's been sh!t (and he has been) or not is the same one as for DP - the longterm benefit.

I like Davids but he's 99% leaving and if he keeps starting games with Appiah on the bench, what will happen after he leaves? A huge void which no-one can fill. Currently, Juve can still afford some time for Appiah to learn but they will have to draw the line somewhere and sometime soon. The central midfield is costing us games and half of that is patrolled by Appiah. In any case, Davids will need at least 4-6 games to regain any sort of match fitness (our own doing) If you add it up, its more or less the same unless one considers that sheer experience can win us points ... that's the only thing that's arguable.

If only we could mould the individuals and their qualities from midfield onwards into ONE unit when attacking ...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i wish there was some way to play both appiah and davids...i think we need both at the moment. if only we had a good defence, we could play maresca and appiah with davids.

davids should start nonetheless.

Sep 28, 2002
alright, since i have watched only 3 matches this year, i want to know exactly, what formation are we playing? 4312? who's on the left midfield? or that gap is left for zambrotta. davids could play instead of tacchinardi.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Davids is the king of midfield, no doubt about that, i cant believe how lippi keeps him on the bench, maybe he'll change his mind after these 3 losses and davids will be in the first 11...

lets hope..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fliakis it depends. Even though the same players might play, the tactic might be at times 4-2-3-1 and other times 4-3-1-2.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Davids is more agressive than Appiah and has more experience. I've seen Appiah contributes more to the attack than Davids, but with the problems of the defence Davids would be very useful. He should be brought back to playing, I dont understand why a player like him has been on the bench 90% of the season so far.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
Lippi, please play with Davids instead of Appiah! at least in the big and important games!
Appiah, as much as I like him as a player, is not what Davids is. he's not experienced and can't control the midfield like Davids.
we'r not getting good results against the big teams. A player like Davids is missing.

Please, bring him back to the starting lineup!!!!
what do you guys think??
I agree with you, but if davids is going to leave, then whats the point??? Must as well play Appiah and let him have more games with us.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ok. i cant stand idiots who say davids is leaving. what kind of a conclusion is that??

the fact is he isnt happy with his contract so he refused it. he said he wants to stay too.

he might leave but its not guaranteed. at least not from what the media says.

where do people get "davids is leaving" from?? he might leave. but dont say its a given

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
And since we're living in the present than let's make use of Davids and his qualities, especially if he's leaving (even if not).

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
And since we're living in the present than let's make use of Davids and his qualities, especially if he's leaving (even if not).
there goes lippi's principles... he just wont play him, make something like punishment out of it.

glenn, 4312 or 4231, who's playing on the left? tacchinardi or appiah? they are not leftsided. davids can play on the left but he is constantly left out. lippi pisses me of sometimes.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
in both 4312 and 4213 the midfielders are all central more or less with Tacchinardi in the centre and Appiah on the left and Camo on the right.

Well I hope after this game Lippi decides to choose the best players right now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
personally i prefer Davids on Appiah,but since there is an option that Davids might leave when the transfer window opens,then give Appiah a chance to get along with the team.

Gigis twin,Lippis changes were perfect we dominated but we couldnt score:confused: that chance DV missed was so stupid.:fero:

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

You cant understand his changes today??

Did you even watch the game??

We played an awful first half and then from the moment lippi made his 3 changes at the beginning of the second half we dominated.... what more do you want... his changes were perfect!! Afterwhich we did everything but score.

If you dont understand those changes then you should give up watching football!
Yeah, I wrote before I' ve seen the match. I saw the result, the subs so it was :confused: in my mind, what was the point??? Then of course I watched the match and I know, that our second half was way better, but stiil I think, that Ciro wasn't the best choice instead of Montero. Of course I know that Montero must have been changed, because it was a strong possibility for a second yellow card by him!

And I won't give up watching football matches, becuase I want to see my old good Juve again and again! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)