A special request (1 Viewer)

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
And about Davids: he is still our player, even he possibly will leave us soon. And till the time he is our player I would give him all the chance to play if it was good for the team, and I would leave Appiah on the bench if he played not well enough!

Buy on AliExpress.com

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
ok. i cant stand idiots who say davids is leaving. what kind of a conclusion is that??

the fact is he isnt happy with his contract so he refused it. he said he wants to stay too.

he might leave but its not guaranteed. at least not from what the media says.

where do people get "davids is leaving" from?? he might leave. but dont say its a given
The rumour was he wanted a 2-yr contract while Moggi was prepared to only offer him a 1-yr and at a 'slight' discount.

His contract expires in 2004 and as it stands, that's <6mths in playing time. Every day that goes by without him renewing is adding to the possibility that he's sitting it out, walking at the end. In terms of money, he's stands to make quite a pile ... a bit like Salas' case. Fair enough - he has every right to look out for himself and should too since nobody else will, not the finance guys at Juve anyway.

There are a lot of little things which add up. He does not get along with the management (Moggi et al) and has explicitly admitted that much. He was singled out for unfair criticism by the coach (whom we're led to believe NEVER liked pointing fingers at particular individuals) in pre-season despite being IMO, one of our best players. The evidence thus far from the same guy is that he doesn't believe Appiah and Davids can co-exist in the same line-up. That indicates Appiah to be a replacement. Add to it that Appiah is almost a given whether he's sh!t or not, my deduction thus is that footballing grounds has little/nothing to do with Davids' exclusion.

The daily rounds of Roma, Inter, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Dundee are not factored in. They shouldn't.

I mean, the guy's unique and one of my all-time favourites in the team but in the long-run, I can see where the club's coming from and what their stance is.

Meritocracy has to take a step back if its anything but a myth.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
ok. i cant stand idiots who say davids is leaving. what kind of a conclusion is that??

the fact is he isnt happy with his contract so he refused it. he said he wants to stay too.

he might leave but its not guaranteed. at least not from what the media says.

where do people get "davids is leaving" from?? he might leave. but dont say its a given
I said IF!!!

++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
I agree with you, but if davids is going to leave, then whats the point??? Must as well play Appiah and let him have more games with us.
there are so many roumours flying evereywhere about Davids now that i'm all confused. In my mind, i take it as the likelyhood is that we may leave rather than stay. That's all.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

The rumour was he wanted a 2-yr contract while Moggi was prepared to only offer him a 1-yr and at a 'slight' discount.

His contract expires in 2004 and as it stands, that's <6mths in playing time. Every day that goes by without him renewing is adding to the possibility that he's sitting it out, walking at the end. In terms of money, he's stands to make quite a pile ... a bit like Salas' case. Fair enough - he has every right to look out for himself and should too since nobody else will, not the finance guys at Juve anyway.

There are a lot of little things which add up. He does not get along with the management (Moggi et al) and has explicitly admitted that much. He was singled out for unfair criticism by the coach (whom we're led to believe NEVER liked pointing fingers at particular individuals) in pre-season despite being IMO, one of our best players. The evidence thus far from the same guy is that he doesn't believe Appiah and Davids can co-exist in the same line-up. That indicates Appiah to be a replacement. Add to it that Appiah is almost a given whether he's sh!t or not, my deduction thus is that footballing grounds has little/nothing to do with Davids' exclusion.

The daily rounds of Roma, Inter, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Dundee are not factored in. They shouldn't.

I mean, the guy's unique and one of my all-time favourites in the team but in the long-run, I can see where the club's coming from and what their stance is.

Meritocracy has to take a step back if its anything but a myth.
Good points you make on all counts but its pretty obvious that there was a bias when DP got a contract worth twice as much as Davids, while both are at around the same point in their career.

I also believe he planned to stay at the club long-term. The discount really wasnt because they had financial difficulties now was it? I dont believe so.

I think the contract offered to him was unfair. I respect the board et al but they can be real bastards sometimes.

Not to mention Davids has a massive ego and a confrontational personality which presents itself in every aspect of his life.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

I said IF!!!

there are so many roumours flying evereywhere about Davids now that i'm all confused. In my mind, i take it as the likelyhood is that we may leave rather than stay. That's all.

and sunshine I didnt mean you in specific. I in no way think your an idiot. In fact whenever I see your handle it kinda makes me feel good.

Sunshine.....here we go again.....

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
I agree, I dont care about rumours of him leaving, what really pisses me off is leaving him on the bench when we need his experience.....

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003

and sunshine I didnt mean you in specific. I in no way think your an idiot. In fact whenever I see your handle it kinda makes me feel good.

Sunshine.....here we go again.....

:cool:

i was like ..... "errr ...... urrrm..... ahhh..... O O " from the sequence of our posts :D

and LAC, i am an idiot...... such an idiot :wallbang:

slack

Dec 13, 2002

Good points you make on all counts but its pretty obvious that there was a bias when DP got a contract worth twice as much as Davids, while both are at around the same point in their career.

I also believe he planned to stay at the club long-term. The discount really wasnt because they had financial difficulties now was it? I dont believe so.

I think the contract offered to him was unfair. I respect the board et al but they can be real bastards sometimes.

Not to mention Davids has a massive ego and a confrontational personality which presents itself in every aspect of his life.
DP has a higher marketing value than even Davids, I think. I’m not sure if the wage packet published is a gross figure but assuming that it is, we should do a proportional split. His wage is probably based on his earning potential for the club in every sense (image rights etc) so I’d guess his footballing wage is not THAT much higher than most compared to his marketing one. In fact, there’s been quite a major wage structure revision within the club last season to a performance-based (another loose term) one and I’d think that DP would have been penalized more than most. Let’s not overlook the fact that he’s Italian, our captain nor underestimate the power of good relations …

But yeah, I absolutely agree with you on the rest. At this stage of any professional’s career, the last thing he’d want is another major upheaval - stability, financial guarantees etc are high priorities. Alright, you can fault him for a lot of things but if effort is enough to win games, we’d never lose with him around. After what he had done for the club in a Juve shirt, I think he deserves every penny. Its not like the club can’t afford it. We simply don’t have a very glamourous history of treating our greats well and this is as good a start as any.

I strongly believe he wants to stay too but Moggi’s a bit of a dick in the opportunistic/vindictive sense; you wouldn’t bet against him passing up a chance to exploit the ‘financial crisis’ in the Serie A (and not necessarily Juve), the desire of our Pitbull to remain and get even on all those complimentary things voiced out by the Dutchman on his ilk.

Like I said, Davids is hardly an angel but he has always struck me as a rather honest, straightforward kinda guy who doesn’t mince his words. Ditto Roy Keane. I appreciate that over the glib, fake diplomatic PR crap anytime. In any case, I don’t think Lippi’s too lovable a character as well, much less Moggi …

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)