A Song of Ice and Fire (1 Viewer)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Epic :D And who is your favorite character, guys?

PS I was in shock when Nedd Stark and Drogo died...
this is exactly how I think the TV show will affect the upcoming books - the writer will be really cautious about killing off such important characters now :tdown:
You're in for some treats :D

My favourites are Arya, Tyrion and Petyr.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Elvin, five books have already been written, two more to go..don't see how the TV show can affect the books or the author.

As for your fear, don't worry. ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Epic :D And who is your favorite character, guys?

PS I was in shock when Nedd Stark and Drogo died...
this is exactly how I think the TV show will affect the upcoming books - the writer will be really cautious about killing off such important characters now :tdown:
I like the Stark kids. Tyrion and Jaime Lannister. There are some other cool characters you haven't met so I'll not mention them.:D

OP
Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #46
    ĵџvє_вãвγ;3673336 said:
    who is this Lilith?? :shifty:

my fav. is Tyrion Lannister!! and of course Arya and Bran Stark:heart:..***..
    Someone who is clearly not observant. :sergio: I promise I didn't steal it though. :p You know me and my penchant for mythical characters. :p

OP
    Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #48
    Currently reading Game of Thrones whenever I have some free time and devouring it like candy. :D I am finding myself relishing in the details that we didn't get on the show and I am even more thrilled to bits when I come across chapters with Arya or Jon or Tyrion or Drogo. :weee: So yeah I guess you can say I am loving it. :p :heart:

Were we told on the show that Rhaegar had raped Lyanna as Robert seems to think?

And Drogo! Oh Drogo is so much sweeter than he got credit for on the show...I am talking about his first time with Daeny. He surprised me on the show and he continues to surprise me in the books.

And my poor, poor Jon. The way he was treated as the bastard...he tried to be brave and pretend it did not matter but you can see that it hurt him.

Anyway I am only 14% through so no where close to finished. :p

OP
    Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #50
    He is kind of the catalyst for why Daeny becomes what she is, won't you agree? Without Drogo she probably would still be the same seemingly lost, timid little mouse under Viserys' thumb. Drogo helped her find her way and become a true khaleesi. I don't know if you remember me saying in the past that the character was a little one dimensional on the show (hopefully he will be a little more fleshed out in the book) but I think he had great potential, this supposedly savage man with a heart of gold who turned out to be a true king in every sense of the word. He had a tough exterior but he also knew how to be kind and gentle and he wasn't petty or annoying like some of the other characters we've come across. I wish he hadn't been killed off. And this comes from someone who thought that he was repulsive the first time I saw him.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Daenerys $#@!Born...

Seriously, I dont mind her storyline, will be nice to see how things unfold when she gets to Westeros next season, but for this last episode, it was FRUSTRATING how much precious air time they wasted on her.
    I so LOL'ed when I read this. :D

OP
    Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #53
    I am so happy I am reading the book. So many things I would have missed out on. -.- And yes, yes I know, the show covers it well enough but I have never met a book I didn't like more than the actual show.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    The inner-monologues and thought processes of the characters add a lot to their depth. Particularly, those of Theon, Jaime, Jon, even Cersei to a point.

OP
    Lilith

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
  • Thread Starter #55
    I am also getting an entirely new perspective on my favourite characters as well. Jon for instance seems a tiny bit snobby at the beginning and I never got that vibe from him at all on the show.

But as I said candy, candyyyy. :weee: I'm loving it! :D I absolutely LOVE reading.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    I think I'm going to pick up the first book of the series tomorrow.

Does the TV show's seasons go by the books? I mean is Season 1 the first book, and season 2 the second book?

I love the show, but I'm interested in the books too now.

I'm not the most avid reader, but when I'm interested in something I'll definitely take greater consideration. Are the books good? Are they better than the show?

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    I am really getting impatient for the next one, and might go back and start again at some point. The next one seems it might be quite Greyjoy heavy, which is nice. Euron :lick:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)