A moral dilemma - what would you do? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
Great that Yildrim is in for the Oranje, but it's not the choice that I'd have made. I've moved about many times in my life, and I consider Australia home, more than Sweden, but I'd never play for any other nation than my homeland, the land of my ancestors.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Yildirm has chosen "reason over passion" as he explains it himself: "I feel more for Turkey but Holland is the better option when the playing style is taken into consideration. Having the Dutch NT on your resumé also looks much better."
That, IMVHO, is a piss poor reason for playing for a country

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
"My heart tells me to choose Turkey. I believe you should feel something in your gut the minute you stand in that line-up and the national anthem starts to play, and I feel that way about Turkey."

"But I'm also Dutch. I'm grateful to the Netherlands, where I grew up. The playing style of the Dutch national team also suits my own style much better and Marco van Basten has promised me a very fair chance."

"I can never win. If I choose Turkey; the Dutch will look at me as yet another example of a foreigner who failed to integrate but if I choose Holland; the Turks will see me as a traitor."

"This is the hardest decision of my life. But I promised to make my decision on Friday and I will. I'll let you know."

Turkey

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah well, I was still right.

Actually he could of said he wouldnt play at all (cause of the Media, which was a possiblity)

Funny if after all this he becomes a flop!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
That, IMVHO, is a piss poor reason for playing for a country
Agreed. He should play for the country he identifies himself with, and clearly that is Turkey. That said, he's made his decision, and good luck to him with Holland.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Have you not taken it into consideration that he isnt telling the complete truth, he was born in Holland, even if his parents were Turkish, he isnt, he is half-Turkish, but in his mind he is playing for his country.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #73
    Well I hope he'll only feel better and better about his choice. One thing is for sure: I'm gonna be proud as hell to see him in an Oranje jersey. I'm a definite fan of his!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Well, despite the fact I've been talking about, I've never seen him player ever, and had actually forgotten he had existed at all until now.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Behold! My powers are incredible. Click here, read on and watch a thread derail by just a single one of my comments.

I am the KING of off-topic.

:confused:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #76
    Just follow the instructions and if you still don't get it after that; forget you ever saw it ;)

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Well, despite the fact I've been talking about, I've never seen him player ever, and had actually forgotten he had existed at all until now.
    Soon you won't be able to forget him ;)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Well I hope so, I like Holland, probably my favorite after Italy. And I'd love for RVN to shot Holland to a World Cup, it would shut the idiots who think Thierry 'hey bobby, what is the french for: "I'm a big game bottler" Henry up!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #78
    It's a dream scenario :touched:

We don't really do worldcups though :D BUT, all the trophees we've won in the past (ok it's only 1 but stilL :D) we won on German soil :devil:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Well, I'd still be happier if Italy beat you in the final! Ahh, gotta love that Euro 2000 game, Italy Vs Holland! Just a shame that Treze-never-forgive-him-guet had to ruin it!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #80
    Yeah I was actually supporting Italy in the final cause I have a soft spot for them. I think I was the only one in the nation to do so :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)