A certain Czech player... (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
... was signed by Juventus two years ago, when the Nedved deal went through. As far as I can remember he was a 18 year old attacker playing in Slovan Liberec (I could be wrong), and was reccomended to us by Neddy. Apparantly he flew, together with Nedved, to Turin in Juves/Fiats private airplane where he signed a contract. Does anyone know anything about the transfer (I mean, I could be imagening all this, in which case I want someone to commit me :down:) or about him?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    You are one smart man Edgar:

Jaroslav Sedivec

Position : Forward

Date of birth : 16 February, 1981

Team : Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic)

Nationality : Czech Republic

Notes : Czech Republic youth international who was involved with the U/20 side at the World Youth Cup in 2001. He was involved with Plzen in the Czech league in 2000/01 but they were relegated from the top division. His performances had attracted Juventus where he signed a five year deal before returning to Plzen for six months on loan in the second division.

More:

Czech Prodigy Signs Five-Year Juventus Deal

Saturday 14th July 2001

Czech Republic Under-20 striker Jaroslav Sedivec has confirmed that he signed a five-year contract with Juventus at the same time as his compatriot Pavel Nedved last week.

The youngster accompanied his senior international captain Nedved on Juventus' private jet which flew from Prague to Turin last Wednesday.

Sedivec plays his league football for Viktoria Plzen, who were relegated from the Czech first division at the end of last season. Plzen was also Pavel Nedved's first professional club in the Czech Republic.

Sedivec was told that he was flying to Turin a couple of after he returned from the World Youth Championships in Argentina by Viktoria director Jaromir Seterle.

"At first I thought he was having me on, but he quickly put me right on that score," Sedivec admitted. "He said that I was to fly to Turin with Pavel Nedved and his manager Zdenek Nehoda. So I flew with Nedved, who was also accompanied by his whole family.

"When we arrived the first thing we did was to look at some houses with gardens for the Nedveds. Then we checked into the hotel where Juventus are staying during their pre-season training and it was only there that I found out how they had heard of me.

"The Italian agents that work with Juventus had spotted me in the league games they had seen in Plzen. And they were also at the recent World Youth Championships in Argentina."

After undergoing a medical, Sedivec signed a five-year deal with the Turin giants. But despite signing, he will not hit the big time straight away, and will spend at least the next six months on loan at Viktoria Plzen.

"At Prague airport I returned to reality. I went straight from the airport to Plzen's training camp. The main thing now is that I have to catch up the training I missed and make sure I'm properly ready for the Czech second division."

Apparantly he's playing in Serie B for Catania now

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well I'm not going to name him to be a great player and Nedved's accessor just because he's Czech but it might be interesting to keep an eye on this bloke.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i remember this topic in xtratime a long time ago.

according to some, this player wasnt to crash hot.

so, is he still ours or have we sold him?

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    Ah yes. I remeber this. He was on the same plane with Neded when he was flying to Turin. He's supposed to be good but it's too early to tell.

RaiD

Mar 29, 2004
    Ive found this old thread surfing around.

Im from Catania, the city where Sedivec is playing now.

I think he has signed for Catania a new contract, maybe Juventus managers didnt believe in him.

He is a talented player. He is very powerful (182 cm), has a beautiful and useful dribble skill and a good shot, very powerful and accur.
    He is a left wing, and when he use his incredible progression in a counter attack, combined with his good dribbling, he is quite unstoppable for other defenders.

But he is maybe too young, and it makes him go on with the head down, without looking his teammates, without pass the ball. And he hasnt the right maturity to be a substitute, getting sad sitting on the bench.

When he will improve his tactical skill, he ll be ready to Serie A for sure.

RaiD

Mar 29, 2004
    I dont think so, because he has been with us for 2 years, and a loan contract in 99% doesnt last 2 years.

But ive never heard about an ending with Juventus.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    No, it's not really a joke.

I just haven't heard "The Nedveds" before, I never really thought of the players' families' names.

It sounds a bit odd, doesn't it?

The Appiahs, The Trezeguets, The Monteros

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

I just haven't heard "The Nedveds" before, I never really thought of the players' families' names.

yeah, but then again, the Baes sounds wierd too :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    You're lucky i don't know your last name :devil:

Nobody really says "The Baes" anyway :)

I guess i found it strange because it feels like footballers' last names are their whole identity, since they're always referred to by their last names

Jan 7, 2004

when u put it in those words it does sound a little odd. i guess professional sportsmen are normal people too.

Jan 7, 2004

I guess i found it strange because it feels like footballers' last names are their whole identity, since they're always referred to by their last names
    i hate it when coaches or member of the team call a player by his last name. sounds so distant

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I know what you mean :)

What i find strange is that they are called by their last names where in real life they'd call each other Ciro, Fabrizo, Pavel...etc.

PS, why wouldn't they call your family the "Baes?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)