8kp... (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
"Oh no" you say, it's time for another post dedication.. :D Yeah there's been a few of those lately but if you hate them, leave this thread now. Ok, NOW. Still here? :D

I would like to dedicate this post to all the members we've had through the time of the forum's existence. When I first suggested opening a forum on my site some time in December 2000, my host at the time, the owner of Xtratime, discouraged me, saying my site was too small for a forum and Laziomania had 3 times the traffic when their forum opened. But we did it anyway, I managed to recruit Lisa, a dedicated Juventina and a good friend of mine to join right from the start. And at first it was rather empty, we opened December 31, 2000. Some of the first few people to register were Nina and Elena, also our first moderators. Unfortunately, Elena is no longer with us.

But little by little it picked up and after a few months there was some modest activity going on. Xtratime had a strong Juve forum back in those days and some of their members would drop in on occasion. But the real dawn of the forum happened during the summer of 2001. I was away for 5 weeks and left everything in the hands of our capable crew. One would not expect too much activity during the summer but the forum traffic in fact doubled and from that point on we had a good base of visitors and participants. We also upgraded from Ikonboard to vBulletin around September 2001, gave the forum a new look and new features. It was around that time Mac, Kiran, Erik and Jack joined as crew members.

We had a nice run with a steady increase in activity throughout the fall, but around Christmas appeared some troublesome issues. A few differences of opinion lead to some conflicts among the crew and in effect, Lisa left us in January/February and although there would be some occasional contact, she has completely disappeared to us now.

As time passed and there was a need to expand the forum and restructure, we found it a good time to add a couple of mods. Nekton and dpforever joined us, whereas Mac and Kiran resigned due to other engagements. Everything seemed to be in order for a long time but at one point the server became overloaded and the forum database crashed. The attempts of recovery produced incomplete data and the only reasonable option was to start from scratch. Which is what we did, during the summer I set up the forum again, adding some new customizations and features, preserving the style.

Throughout my time, we've had a lot of members, I would estimate about 750 altogether. Some only registered and never posted, some participated actively, others not included in the count never registered, only browsed. To all of those somehow involved, thanks for your participation! :) I've had some good times over the past year and a half and I hope there are more to come.

Thanks to all participating members! :thumb:
Thanks to all the rest! :cheesy:
And last but not least, thanks to all of our dedicated crew members!! :touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I would also to take this opportunity to thank you Martin for creating this wonderful forum .. and nevering giving up on it .. you've set a great example for us all to follow .. no matter what others say, u've definately created a wonderful place for us all to visit and have a great time .. Well Done, captain .. keep it going !!

We will always be here for you.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Congrats man. Thanks for having all of us here. I looked for years for a forum that I could call home and for a place to discuss Juve and I have found both here. I hope this forum stays open for a long time to come.

Save the big dedication for 10k though :D

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Congratulations to you Martin, I know I only post occasionally here ( as much as work let me )!!, but I'm always reading the threads whether logged on or not....

You've made this a great place to be!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
superb job martin!and thanks for having faith in us and doing so much to create and restore this forum, it wouldn't be here if it weren't for you,that's for sure!

and btw all ya mods try n' beat that will ya.8000!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++and btw all ya mods try n' beat that will ya.8000!
I've given up on trying to beat Martin a looong time ago... :D

Congrats mate and that's one fine dedication! :thumb: :extatic:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)