8kp... (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
ok, 250,000 is quite big, but both hague and oslo are bigger,

do any of you know how many people who lives in oslo? let's see how good you are at guessing(don't cheat)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
1.500.000 million

Am I close? I know it's bigger than Amsterdam which has about 1 million peeps so I'm guessing one and a half! :)

you're both right, you don't have a clue at all!!

amsterdam is certainly bigger than oslo, 500.000 lives in oslo, so it tucks in neitly between hague and derby

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:eek: what? it isn't crowded enough already?

We've got 16.5 million peeps in this country! That's little over 450 peeps per every square kilometre - bet you Norwegian can't even imagine that, can you? :D ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
:eek: what? it isn't crowded enough already?

We've got 16.5 million peeps in this country! That's little over 450 peeps per every square kilometre - bet you Norwegian can't even imagine that, can you? :D ;)
argh!!1 i missed quite big. i just knew that it was very crowded over there, not like here where every person has his own mountain.

i quickly visited amsterdam this summer, it seems like a very nice country IMO. but your language sounds very weird

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Says a Norwegian! :rolleyes:

Our languages are very similar actually. There's one big difference though - we pronounce the 'g' like the 'ch' in the Scottish word 'Loch (Ness)'. It's that harsh sound that makes Dutch sound so weird when it's really quite similar to German, Norwegian and even Swedish and Danish! :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Says a Norwegian! :rolleyes:
do you think norwegians sound funny?:D

Our languages are very similar actually. There's one big difference though - we pronounce the 'g' like the 'ch' in the Scottish word 'Loch (Ness)'. It's that harsh sound that makes Dutch sound so weird when it's really quite similar to German, Norwegian and even Swedish and Danish! :)
yeah, what i find weird about it is that i recognise much of it, but so much of it is quite different

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Norwegian sounds like some bad Russian accent to me! :D ;)

russian!!! well, i've never........... thats not true at all!!! :dazed::D
i don't think thats true at all, how do you explain that?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Now that I think of it - it looks and sounds very much like the accents of the north of The Netherlands... Absolutely not understandable for me in the south.

The language spoken in my province bares many resemblances to French - I can go to Lille, speak in my dialect and people will understand me - how cool is that? :D

The dialects in this country that sound like Norwegian are more Germanic dialects and complete mysteries for me... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)