4th place, possible or not (7 Viewers)

Do you think we can finish 4th?

• Yes, we will qualify to the CL

• No, we wont, EL again or even worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It's even crazier if you add EL. These three scored 9 of Napoli's 10 goals and 1 of the 2 goals in Coppa.
In total they scored 36 of Napoli's 44 goals in all three competitions.
I thought we were bad with how many points that we won were reliant on Quag, but these are bad, I don't usually wish harm on another player but in this case I hope one of them gets injured.

You do? Why, if I may ask?
It's like the beginning of time only started in 2006 for Inter. :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Well you do relly on your attacking players to score and the 3 of Napoli work well so why is that shocking?
But that heavily? I know we're not in the position to say that at all but it is true.
I'm petty sure they have other attackers and mids that shold have grabbed some goals, at least.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well you do relly on your attacking players to score and the 3 of Napoli work well so why is that shocking?
It's not shocking that the attacking players score these goals, it's about how many goals they scored (especially Cavani) and how big loss will it be if Napoli lose only one of them, since their subs won't be able to do even a third of what Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi do.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But that heavily? I know we're not in the position to say that at all but it is true.
I'm petty sure they have other attackers and mids that shold have grabbed some goals, at least.
Yeah.

This is more detailed:

Cavani 14 in serie A + 2 in EL qualifiers+ 5 in EL groups = 21 goals
Lavezzi 5 in serie A+ 1 in EL qualifiers+ 1 in EL groups+ 1 in Coppa Italia = 8 goals
Hamsik 7 in serie A+ 1 in EL groups = 8 goals
---------------
Maggio 2
Cannavaro 2
Pazienza 1
Yebda 1 (Coppa)
Vitale 1 (EL groups)
Owngoal 1
------------------------------
Dumitru, Lucarelli and Sosa (the other three attackers) scored 0 goals so far. Yebda (as someone who'd replace Hamsik) scored only 1.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
It's not shocking that the attacking players score these goals, it's about how many goals they scored (especially Cavani) and how big loss will it be if Napoli lose only one of them, since their subs won't be able to do even a third of what Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi do.
There's an interesting stat that during the last three and half years, every time Hamsik has not played Napoli have failed to win.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
How am I underrating Napoli if I say that Roma have the better team?
Roma have a much more complete squad where losing an important player or two can be covered with a quality sub. Look how when Vucinic isn't in the element, Borriello is scoring the goal, or vice-versa. How when Juan is out of form, Mexes or Burdisso can take his place. How they can do well even without an important midfielder like Pizarro who was replaced well by Simplicio. If Menez does bad then Totti comes in, tactics can be changed due to the big number of good players Ranieri has at his disposal.
Napoli are very limited in this aspect. Everything is set around Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani and it works well. The less talented players work their assess off, and these three can do their job and are doing it. But with Napoli it's a big IF these three will stay healthy as they did for the entire season so far. Absence of only one of them will lead to many changes and I don't think Napoli have the players to change things or good replacements for one of these three. So far Cavani, Hamsik and Lavezzi scored 26 of Napoli's 32 goals. That alone shows their importance. Now, if they can keep this till the end without injuries, they could (still not certain) finish above Roma. In any other case Roma will overtake them, even if Roma stays long in CL.

p.s: And Napoli have to play away to Roma, Milan, Juventus and Palermo. Only Inter comes to Naples. Roma play at home with Juve, Palermo, Milan and Napoli, with the Inter match being their only away fixture against the bigger teams.
The odds are on your side then, deal or no deal? :p

I tell you why Roma will fail, the Ranieri factor! The players don't like him, Totti is a cancer, and will ruin the unity there. Now that Vucinic has the same problems too, they will need luck to make the CL.

Napoli isn't a complete team, you are right, but they are building the team every year, piece by piece, they are ready to make the CL spot this season. And I believe Lavezzi - Hamsik - Cavani trio will keep doing great things, and stay fit.

So what you say?

If you lose, I will control your avatar for 2 months, if you do, you will do it for one month. (remember you owe me one, we will be set this way)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So much for giving them a chance, give Marotta a chance, give old man Del Neri a chance, give this player a chance, give that player a chance. We should stop giving crap the chance, just call them like you see them.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I disagree with you on this. Napoli's fitness level is amazing and they're dying on the pitch, that's true, but even with the great season they're having and the average season Roma are having so far, Napoli are only 2 points above Ranieri's team.
Also, here we should include the fact that Roma had an awful start (they were last placed after the first 4-5 rounds) and after that they are the team who together with Milan won the most points. Roma are slowly catching form and it looks like they'll soon reach this season's zenith. Right on time.
Last year Roma, with more or less the same players and the same coach, exploded in the 2nd part of the season and close before the end they were even leaders. That implies that they could do the same again. For Napoli it's still a big question mark if they can keep this till the end.
Thank you Alen and its so nice to see you are still around!

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
4th place will be asking alot out these players, but you would think if the whole wage budget is the sixth highest in Europe as Agnelli says, these players would show quality for it. Del Neri is a pussy, how shittier can we get at this point, put Gianetti or Libertazzi to start they look extremely hungry expirement don't throw excuses and get fired eventually so cleshay. :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)