300? (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I didn't bother reading previous pages, but is anyone actually saying DP is better than Romario?

Romario is the best striker i've had the honor of watching.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Romario who?? If DP is better than Pele, it shouldn't be too hard to conclude that DP is much better than Romario too, Fred.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Devil, stop making people hate on Del Piero. Who gives a shit whether or not he's better than Pele?

Alex is our leader, one of the most loyal players in the history of football, and a world class player. Nobody can come close to what Alex has meant for any single club over the last decade, apart from a couple individuals.

All this nonsense just takes away from his brilliance.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I didn't bother reading previous pages, but is anyone actually saying DP is better than Romario?

Romario is the best striker i've had the honor of watching.
I think it's you who's overrating Romario. I guess you watched him when you were a small child, and as we all do, you highly overrate the players from your beginnings as a football fan. I do the same with the stars from the late 80's.

Romario was without a doubt a deadly striker. In 1992-1994 he was probably the best attacker in the world. But eventhough he wasn't injured or something, his time (as someone who consistently performs well at the highest stage, not some Brazilian leagues) was rather short. The spotlight of his career was the 1994 WC and people mostly remember him from there.

As someone who followed him and even loved him a lot, i must disagree with you. Only in the last 2 decades i think that Van Basten, Ronaldo, Henry, Batistuta and maybe few more that i can't remember right now were all better than him.
Del Piero wasn't inferior to him also. Maybe Ale didn't have 2-3 great years in a row like Romario, but overall he's not inferior to him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think it's you who's overrating Romario. I guess you watched him when you were a small child, and as we all do, you highly overrate the players from your beginnings as a football fan. I do the same with the stars from the late 80's.

Romario was without a doubt a deadly striker. In 1992-1994 he was probably the best attacker in the world. But eventhough he wasn't injured or something, his time (as someone who consistently performs well at the highest stage, not some Brazilian leagues) was rather short. The spotlight of his career was the 1994 WC and people mostly remember him from there.

As someone who followed him and even loved him a lot, i must disagree with you. Only in the last 2 decades i think that Van Basten, Ronaldo, Henry, Batistuta and maybe few more that i can't remember right now were all better than him.
Del Piero wasn't inferior to him also. Maybe Ale didn't have 2-3 great years in a row like Romario, but overall he's not inferior to him.
Your right about your first statement, i did see him when i was a kid. That doesn't take away the fact he was a great striker though. Henry better than him? As a big fan of thierry i can tell you thats not possible, i watched Romario from 94-97, admittedly only with the Brazilian NT, but from the few games i watched him play for Brazil he was truly phenomenal. I wish i can say Henry is better than Romario as he is my favourite player, but i really doubt he's that good.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

agree with Alen, Romario was sensational but Ale is slightly ahead of him

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I wasn't here when this thread was created but he's at 229 now right? give him 3 more seasons and he will, but it depends on if he plays 3 more seasons or not. Hopefully he does,

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Forza Ale....

Noone should ever doubt ale..

He already has 300+ personal goals, but we want that 300+ for juve :) 23 goals to go. And hopefully then, we will set a new target ;)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Your right about your first statement, i did see him when i was a kid. That doesn't take away the fact he was a great striker though. Henry better than him? As a big fan of thierry i can tell you thats not possible, i watched Romario from 94-97, admittedly only with the Brazilian NT, but from the few games i watched him play for Brazil he was truly phenomenal. I wish i can say Henry is better than Romario as he is my favourite player, but i really doubt he's that good.
:agree:

Henry is in the class of DP in terms of talent, Batistuta can go with them as well. Romario is above and so is Ronaldo, Van Basten and the rest. I havent seen much of them (romario, basten) though but the numbers are baffling.

The best player I've ever seen is Il phenomenon... I'd bend over for this guy if he asks me to...

he would

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
:agree:

Henry is in the class of DP in terms of talent, Batistuta can go with them as well. Romario is above and so is Ronaldo, Van Basten and the rest. I havent seen much of them (romario, basten) though but the numbers are baffling.

The best player I've ever seen is Il phenomenon... I'd bend over for this guy if he asks me to...

he would
What numbers? with Flamengo, Vasco and Miami FC?

Romario and Basten have completely different styles, DP too! Batigol and DP are definitely better than Romario.

Plus, I don't reccommend bending over for shemale hunters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)