‘Enjoy your meaningless Cup, it won’t bring back your dignity.’ (1 Viewer)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Roberto Mancini is Mr Coppa Italia after winning his 10th edition of this trophy and celebrates more silverware with Inter.

“I am happy for the lads, as over the past month there have been several disappointments and they deserved to celebrate,” said the Coach.

The Nerazzurri beat Roma 3-1 on the night, 4-2 on aggregate, to pick up their second consecutive Coppa Italia.

However, this was not enough to put a smile on Mancio’s face, as the Inter fans left during the ceremony and unfurled a large banner that read: ‘Enjoy your meaningless Cup, it won’t bring back your dignity.’

“We went out of the Champions League in a horrible manner, even if Arsenal were even worse than us against Villarreal, yet still qualified. I can’t talk about our performance in Serie A, as that is a different matter,” said the tactician.

Mancini has been particularly vocal in his criticism of Juventus and the recent scandal has raised questions over that rapport with referees.

“Perhaps Inter would’ve won more over the past few years, but not just us, other clubs too. I want to see to which depth we have sunk.”

Juve Coach Fabio Capello has been linked with the Nerazzurri post for next term, so winning two Coppa Italias and the Italian Super Cup could not be enough to keep Mancini in his job.

“We continue to work for the present and of course for the future, too,” concluded the former Lazio and Fiorentina boss.

Captain Javier Zanetti was handed the Coppa Italia in the ceremony at San Siro and explained why it meant so much to him.

“I wasn’t here to lift the trophy last year as I was on international duty, so it’s very special for me. We wanted this competition and the fans should join us in enjoying it,” said the Argentine.

Channel 4.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Morra10 said:
some inter fans are just crazy, they pretty much went to the game to bad mouth mancini.
They do that, though. It's part of what it means to be interisti.

Of course, we have people who want to go to Torino to put up signs about Capello, so we're not all that different either.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Why does it have to be meaningless? Because we lost 2 finals? I'd like to win the Coppa, it's not an important trophy but it's something. Kudos to Inter.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
swag said:
They do that, though. It's part of what it means to be interisti.

Of course, we have people who want to go to Torino to put up signs about Capello, so we're not all that different either.

were a little different we actually win cups that matter.:)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
who says were going down to serie B.......seeing how the board members were involved in the situation and their now gone, maybe they wont take it as far as sending juve down to serie B. Why punish the team when they weren't at fault

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
I really don't care that much. as long as we get the scudetto, they can send us wherever they want, even Z8. they are never going to keep us down. but i'm not letting Milan win this scudetto, or else i'd rather go live in a cave for the rest of my life.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
un altro alex said:
I really don't care that much. as long as we get the scudetto, they can send us wherever they want, even Z8. they are never going to keep us down. but i'm not letting Milan win this scudetto, or else i'd rather go live in a cave for the rest of my life.
Way 2 go men !!!! way to go!!!!:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)