Ángel Di María (14 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
7M… what a waste of money…
I wanted us to sign him, was expecting some injuries but this is exaggerated. Maybe indeed we should do a 180 and totally ignore free players. Our track record became horrible after a good start with such players 10 years ago.
what we should ignore is players who are 34 years old who only want 1 year contracts and demand more than 5M salary…

This was a stupid deal and everybody knew it…

Buy on AliExpress.com

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
7M… what a waste of money…

what we should ignore is players who are 34 years old who only want 1 year contracts and demand more than 5M salary…

This was a stupid deal and everybody knew it…
I wouldn't say everybody knew it. He looked good at WC, he looked good early for us.

The hope was he wouldn't use our club as a prep for the WC. And that's looking like what it was. I don't think everybody thought he'd be so injured also.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #844
    Tbh, tactically and depth wise he is still a good asset. What fvcks it all up is that he doesn’t give af about playing for Jj.

This move was aspirational at best for the fans. Insult to injury is the standard gross overpayment by our previous incompetent management

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
    Tbh, tactically and depth wise he is still a good asset. What fvcks it all up is that he doesn’t give af about playing for Jj.

This move was aspirational at best for the fans. Insult to injury is the standard gross overpayment by our previous incompetent management
    Exactly.

The hope was he would give a shit beyond warming up for the WC. Apparently this isn't the case and thats sad to see.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I wouldn't say everybody knew it. He looked good at WC, he looked good early for us.

The hope was he wouldn't use our club as a prep for the WC. And that's looking like what it was. I don't think everybody thought he'd be so injured also.
    if someone didn’t thought this was going to happend, then that someone was not paying attention…

Look… Di María is not a bad player, but he is 34 years old! He has been VERY open that he wants to end his career in Argentina, and that’s why he only wanted to sign a 1 year contract, because he only wanted to be prepared to the WC… that’s why nobody but us agreed to this conditions…only us!!

about his injuries… the dude is 34 years old, and we are the club that gives injuries for breakfast, OF COURSE he was going to be a injury walking man!!

And you know what… he doesn’t care! He has achieved what he wanted, and we are the clowns who agreed to it…

Last edited:

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
    if someone didn’t thought this was going to happens, then that someone was not paying attention…

Look… Di María is not a bad player, but he is 34 years old! He has been VERY open that he wants to end his career in Argentina, and that’s why he only wanted to sign a 1 year contract, because he only wanted to be prepared to the WC… that’s why nobody but us agreed to this conditions…only us!!

about his injuries… the dude is 34 years old, and we are the club that gives injuries for breakfast, OF COURSE he was going to be a injury walking man!!

And you know what… he doesn’t care! He has achieved what he wanted, and we are the clowns who agreed to it…
    I don't think its clownish to sign a player to a contract and expect him to give his all for the length of that contract.

How does that make us a clown? Because we sign him and expect him to perform?

That's a clown player. Signing a contract but shipping in his performance, getting soft injuries and basically using the club for a payday and warming up period before a final world cup. And again, we wouldn't expect that. Of course he wants to end his career in Argentina. I'd still expect him to play out his contract like a professional.

Apparently, that would make me a clown. Expecting a professional footballer to play out his contract and give his all for the period he's contracted for.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't think its clownish to sign a player to a contract and expect him to give his all for the length of that contract.

How does that make us a clown? Because we sign him and expect him to perform?

That's a clown player. Signing a contract but shipping in his performance, getting soft injuries and basically using the club for a payday and warming up period before a final world cup. And again, we wouldn't expect that. Of course he wants to end his career in Argentina. I'd still expect him to play out his contract like a professional.

Apparently, that would make me a clown. Expecting a professional footballer to play out his contract and give his all for the period he's contracted for.
    You are not a clown… you are just innocent….

It’s our management work to investigate before get a player, to evaluate and not just “Hope he can give his best” you have to know the players motivations, and Di María’s motivations were clear as water

If we gave Di María a 7M one year contract KNOWING that he was only using us to get to the WC and we “expected him to perform”… well let just say that that’s another good reason that our management resigned…

And if our management “didn’t know” his motivations, then they do are clowns… and again, it’s a good thing they left.

Last edited:

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
    He is part of the reason I was actively rooting against Argentina in the WC. That's all this POS cared about. Haven't disliked a juve player this much since Dani Alves. He belongs in the same category as him, Hernanes and Melo.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    I would put this guy at a lower level than Ramsey in terms of attitude.

Ramsey was made of glass but he wasn’t using Juve as a stepping stone for national team ambitions. Yes Wales don’t have big ambitions anyway, but still. He wanted to be more fit and get more playing time.

This clown is just a leech who is happy to sit out as long as he was fit enough for the world cup and then make the move back to Argentina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    I wanted us to sign him, was expecting some injuries but this is exaggerated. Maybe indeed we should do a 180 and totally ignore free players. Our track record became horrible after a good start with such players 10 years ago.
    I rate Di Maria highly, top class player for sure. However, it's been pretty clear he was done at the highest level, there was a reason PSG let him go.

There were red flags before he signed. In general, there's no point in signing 34 yo players, the club needs to do better than that.

Pogba move also had shitload of redflags and a lot of people turned out to be right tbh. It's not rocket science, not everyone is Pirlo...

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    I would put this guy at a lower level than Ramsey in terms of attitude.

Ramsey was made of glass but he wasn’t using Juve as a stepping stone for national team ambitions. Yes Wales don’t have big ambitions anyway, but still. He wanted to be more fit and get more playing time.

This clown is just a leech who is happy to sit out as long as he was fit enough for the world cup and then make the move back to Argentina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol what? Ramsey was conveniently always available for national duty while consistently being on the shelf for Juve. He was no better than Di Maria. Actually, he’s probably worse because he wouldn’t fuck off either. At least Di Maria will be gone soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)