¿You Speak English? (15 Viewers)

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #161
    I never had something against them.

For the last time it was posted as a joke. It was supposed to go on for pages of random posts giving moderators a headache about what to do.

I wasnt expecting you guys to get all meloydramatic :D

and dam i deleted that, im tired or this. Its so stupid

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma Mac ] ++
    I never had something against them.

For the last time it was posted as a joke. It was supposed to go on for pages of random posts giving moderators a headache about what to do.

I wasnt expecting you guys to get all meloydramatic :D

and dam i deleted that, im tired or this. Its so stupid
    Yeah, I was wondering where that post went off to....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Majed its in the spanish thread. Go find it yourself.

I didnt realise you would be 'insulted' by me saying that an arabic thread is pointless. Apologies.
    The thread wasnt intended to insult people, there werent any insults until people jumped it.

And i dont feel like explaining an english racism problem that works both ways yet overlooked, to a arabic american. Thats all.
    thank you for guiding me to find her post ... i just read it. You're right, but as unfair as it was for her to say that, you're quote
    "its obvious the arabs, chinese and spanish were gonna come in and cry, thats not something i care much about to honest"
    says that you expected it and you dont care!! so it's justifiable (by your own words) that she would get that impression.

now you're saying you didn't realize we would be insulted....etc. :undecide:

oh well, You apologize, I apologize for my slightly harsh approach (though i know you dont take this forums seriously :) so, i'm glad it wont get personal)

Anyhow, case closed. we both still may not agree, but let's just at least agree to disagree :D

glad it's over :)

BTW, i know what you mean about double racism. i live in a city where the majority are black and where there are still some racial issues. I hear "double racism" all that time. even "triple racism."
    i won't ask what you meant though. let's call it a day.

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #165
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

thank you for guiding me to find her post ... i just read it. You're right, but as unfair as it was for her to say that, you're quote

says that you expected it and you dont care!! so it's justifiable (by your own words) that she would get that impression.

now you're saying you didn't realize we would be insulted....etc. :undecide:
    Yeah i hadnt considered forum overreaction when i posted it and all was going fine. But when Jessica picked up on it, it was obvious you were all gonna come in to cry :)

OP

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #166
    And considering my last 2 threads have bombed. Its unlikely ill start another.
    Although showoff your PMs had so much potential :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Although showoff your PMs had so much potential :D
    that was definately one of the most contraversial. :eek:

the "privacy" issue was its stumbling block. I agree, it could have really picked up and exploded :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    you know that little "jajajas" are just their way of saying "haha" or "lol"
    those dont matter.
    Majed, you're isolating the issue. The jajaja was just an example because that's the only spanish I know, and for your information there were whole conversations going on in foreign languages, I can't believe you're denying that.

One example off the top of my head is the Champions League Fantasy Footy thread, where Hydde and fabi would just start speaking Spanish and nobody else had anything else to say. I'm not here to blast them for that, it's a dead and buried issue and I'm thankful that they got over that, but it's just an example.
    they are not carrying whole arguments and discussions in another language.
    get real please.
    See above

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Thats a load of horse shit. If Josh had made this thread, I would question it. If Martin made this thread, I would question it. If Graham made this thread, I would certainly question it. If I would have made this thread, I sure hope to the high heavens that people would question it.
    Why do I get a certainly? :fero::boxing:

:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Majed, you're isolating the issue. The jajaja was just an example because that's the only spanish I know, and for your information there were whole conversations going on in foreign languages, I can't believe you're denying that.

One example off the top of my head is the Champions League Fantasy Footy thread, where Hydde and fabi would just start speaking Spanish and nobody else had anything else to say. I'm not here to blast them for that, it's a dead and buried issue and I'm thankful that they got over that, but it's just an example.

See above
    look at the time tense of my setances about whole conversations. :lazy:

please dont ressurect this argument as you have about the conversations. :stress:

it's over.

keep reading to yourself that part in bold till it sinks in. remind yourself that it applies to this thread too.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Don't bother Kaiser. Lived in the UK for a while - they consider foreign languages something for foreigners only. Quite pathetic but whaddayagonnado.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Don't bother Kaiser. Lived in the UK for a while - they consider foreign languages something for foreigners only. Quite pathetic but whaddayagonnado.
    that goes for many here in the US too...

maybe it's because English just may be "THE" most important/common langue (for business and entertainment... Thanks mostly to the US of A's world wide influence).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)