• Willian Yes

• N

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
1. Besides Suarez there is no player on this list who is exponentially better than Giovinco.
2. Might as well make a wishlist seeing and half these players don't play the same position. Willian? Isco? David Villa? Are we just mentioning any player who could play with Llorente?

Buy on AliExpress.com

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Everything offensive, expect like a real striker.
Do you watch Ukrainian league or why do you say such things

Not that I don't rate William, au contraire, I just haven't seen him play all those positions. Just wing and AM.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #83
    1. Besides Suarez there is no player on this list who is exponentially better than Giovinco.
    2. Might as well make a wishlist seeing and half these players don't play the same position. Willian? Isco? David Villa? Are we just mentioning any player who could play with Llorente?
    Something like that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    They are all exponentially better then giovinco, they are decisive

but you are right about the second part

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
    Jun 1, 2010
    They are all exponentially better then giovinco, they are decisive

but you are right about the second part
    Suarez- Proven time and time again that he can lead a team :xfinger:
    JoJo- Besides his UCL debut season he has been far from decisive recently. Look at fiorentina's position on the table
    Sanchez- Does he have like 1 goal this season? Either way his form has been way off. Udinese form aside he's looked like a totally different player. He would be a risk
    Villa- Current form doesn't support your claim but this is Villa so one could give him the benefit of doubt
    Muriel- I've never seen him be decisive, too young
    Isco- Promising player, still debatable as to what effect he would have on this team.
    Willian- I personally like him, though the system at Shakhtar allows him to thrive so well. I don't watch the Ukranian League so I can't comment here.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    JoJo- Besides his UCL debut season he has been far from decisive recently. Look at fiorentina's position on the table
    Sanchez- Does he have like 1 goal this season? Either way his form has been way off. Udinese form aside he's looked like a totally different player. He would be a risk
    Villa- Current form doesn't support your claim but this is Villa so one could give him the benefit of doubt
    Isco- Promising player, still debatable as to what effect he would have on this team.
    Willian- I personally like him, though the system at Shakhtar allows him to thrive so well. I don't watch the Ukranian League so I can't comment here.
    Agree to some extent, that's why i didn't even bother mentioning Villa, Sanchez, Muriel or Isco and i've given the benefit of doubt for Jovetic.

But as for Willian, I'm a Corinthiano and i've known him since his Corinthians days. He used to play as a 3/4quista/SS sometimes or as a winger so he could fit right in on the 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 systems. Also as i've mentioned, we don't have a true skilled guy in the team, someone who can single-handed breakthrough a tight defence, it's always good to have at least one guy like that in the squad. (Even more at dark times like now)

But Suarez would be the best option, indeed.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Jovetic proved more on the big stage then giovinco, beeing with the viola rats and he hasent recovered form after the injury
    Villa is looking not bad, but playing a sidestriker role. not his position
    Sanchez, should be good, but is not played the correct way
    Muriel, oh who the fuck that might be, no clue !
    Isco, impressive talent, much more potential then giovinco at any stage
    William, proven ALOT more in europe then giovinco. proven decisive and led his team. i wish giovinco could do that

- - - Updated - - -

Agree to some extent, that's why i didn't even bother mentioning Villa, Sanchez, Muriel or Isco and i've given the benefit of doubt for Jovetic.

But as for Willian, I'm a Corinthiano and i've known him since his Corinthians days. He used to play as a 3/4quista/SS sometimes or as a winger so he could fit right in on the 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 systems. Also as i've mentioned, we don't have a true skilled guy in the team, someone who can single-handed breakthrough a tight defence, it's always good to have at least one guy like that in the squad. (Even more at dark times like now)

But Suarez would be the best option, indeed.
    If our players would actually make runs and move again, we do.
    Vucinic keeping the ball and delivering a killer pass, single handedly breaks tight defences

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    there can be plenty of opportunity next summer considering 2 big clubs will likely undergo some revolutions there (madrid and bayern); if we can sell 3 (except vucinic/giovinco) or ALL our forwards for a decent sum of 25-40 million, we should be able to get someone.

suarez can be our ideal opportunity next summer, especially if liverpool continue to suck; then jovetic if viola indeed need to sell; anyone else in that list is meh.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    If our players would actually make runs and move again, we do.
    Vucinic keeping the ball and delivering a killer pass, single handedly breaks tight defences
    Ok, that sometimes work and it might work even better with Llorente but that was not the point, the more options we have up front, the better, we can't use the same tactics over and over. We're been lacking creativity lately. A skilled player can use his individual ability and do the unexpected and that's where Willian comes in...

He's nothing like Vucinic, and that's exactly the point, he isn't supposed to be. He would be playing Gio's role, flair skilled agile player who can single handedly take on defenders and finish with precision. Giovinco has been unsuccessfully trying to be this guy for the longest time, truth be told, he won't ever be.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    I'm warming up to the thought of having Vidal-Pogba-Marchisio as our future midfield i.e with no creative DLP.So in that respect i'd like we get someone who has that creative element about him,i mean in the sense that he can drop deep and conduct plays like a true #10 more so than dribbling forwards who take on defenders.In that respect Isco or Willian would be great.Willian has scored quite a few goals as well hasnt he so thats a plus as well.I think both are difficult options for us at this point anyways.

That being said i'm open to all other options in the poll.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)