we have enough midfielders! (1 Viewer)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
we already have kapo coming, and plenty of young midfielders on loan - brighi, blasi, gasba etc.

but instead the fat cat moggi thinks he would impress sensi and the italian media by buying more midfielders instead of using what weve got!

maresca, nedved, tachinardi, camoranesi, appiah, conte, even zambrotta.

thats 7 midfielders for a maximum of 4 positions. with kapo, brighi, blasi and conte taking a back seat thats 9 midfielders. each one could comfortably start. whats the point in buying pizarro? we dont need a playmaker with maresca and nedved there. instead udinese are buying romagnoli or whoever who is supposedly twice as better then pizarro. pizarro is a poor mans maresca!

instead moggi the genius (!) should concentrate on the defense. why havent we seen a solid link to a defender recently? we should be buying defenders first, then midfielders. not midfielders first, and then defenders.

GET IT STRAIGHT MOGGI!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't worry, I am sure it is obvious as night and day to Moggi that we need to buy at least two defenders. So I am sure that he will go after Mexes and Ferrari. Just to let you know that Ferrari is virtually ours. But when I watch Juve, it is ever clear to me that our side lacks creativity. Sorry, I love Nedved, but he is no Zidane or Veron. He is not a natural playmaker that every team needs to run the attack. Look at Milan, they play with 2 nat. playmakers and have been doing better than we have. I think Moggi should at least buy Pizarro, but I would rather have Rosicky or Diego.

Like I have said before, a lack of creativity in midfield leads to less possesion and fewer scoring opportunities. This lack of possesion means that the other team has the ball more, thus they get more chances to put the ball down our throwt and score. And after a while, they will suceed because of basic probability. In a way it is not the back line's fault for this season, it is also very much the midfield for not controlling the ball and creating chances. If the midfield can't do it this year, how do you think our same midfield will do better next year? I think Moggi is making the right descision on finding a NATURAL PLAYMAKER.

OP
Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    marescas a natural playmaker. last season at piacenza he was, but lippis weed smoking ass will not give him a chance there...!

where will pizarro fit in? his arrival will mean maresca and nedved will have to either go or take a back seat. thats definitely not worth it.

moggi seems to be placing too much effort too early on the midfield. we should be hearing stories about defenders now, not midfielders.

and that ferrari news is pure rumour!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    If Pizarro would come to Juve and given a chance by Lippi or Deschamps, he would be placed in a midfield with Nedved, Tacchi, Appiah or Maresca. It would look something like this:

Maresca-----Tacchinardi-----Nedved

---------------Pizarro--------------------

In this midfield, Nedved would be moved back to his original position on the left side of midfield, where he can terrorize the left flank and run off Pizarro who will be making incisive passes and controling the pace of Juve's play. Pizarro will almost be given a free role to roam around up in front of Tacchi, who will be doin the tackling in midfield. Maresca will fit in as like a Pirlo, who will come back and get the ball from the defense and work the ball up field. This would work very well because Tacchi cannot do that job. By this way, Maresca, Nedved and Pizarro will fit in very well together, and can all play at the same time. Solves the problem?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Good, and about Ferrari, I heard that Moggi will talk with Parma executives this weekend at the Parma match. I think a deal for Ferrari, maybe even Bonera and Gilardino could be made by Moggi.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
    we already have kapo coming, and plenty of young midfielders on loan - brighi, blasi, gasba etc.

but instead the fat cat moggi thinks he would impress sensi and the italian media by buying more midfielders instead of using what weve got!

maresca, nedved, tachinardi, camoranesi, appiah, conte, even zambrotta.

thats 7 midfielders for a maximum of 4 positions. with kapo, brighi, blasi and conte taking a back seat thats 9 midfielders. each one could comfortably start. whats the point in buying pizarro? we dont need a playmaker with maresca and nedved there. instead udinese are buying romagnoli or whoever who is supposedly twice as better then pizarro. pizarro is a poor mans maresca!

instead moggi the genius (!) should concentrate on the defense. why havent we seen a solid link to a defender recently? we should be buying defenders first, then midfielders. not midfielders first, and then defenders.

GET IT STRAIGHT MOGGI!
    The problem is this: quantity does not always imply quality. To me, Juve have a bunch of midfielders who are not good enough to play regularly for us: Camo, Tacch, Appiah, Conte, and Tudor fall into that category, IMO. Furthermore, we need Zambrotta at left back more than we need him in midfield, so I wouldn't consider him a midfielder. That leaves us with Nedved, Maresca, and Kapo. We can't really count on any players returning from loan, so we need to bring in some quality to flush out the midfield. We only really need two or three defenders, but upgrading the defense without working on the midfield would be pointless.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

The problem is this: quantity does not always imply quality. To me, Juve have a bunch of midfielders who are not good enough to play regularly for us: Camo, Tacch, Appiah, Conte, and Tudor fall into that category, IMO. Furthermore, we need Zambrotta at left back more than we need him in midfield, so I wouldn't consider him a midfielder. That leaves us with Nedved, Maresca, and Kapo. We can't really count on any players returning from loan, so we need to bring in some quality to flush out the midfield. We only really need two or three defenders, but upgrading the defense without working on the midfield would be pointless.
    Yeap.. thats true.

Now... i think that if we make those signings....our roster will be too big...and there will be litle space for all the players...

so.. who do you think will leave the team this season=.

My prospects are Montero, Tudor or iuliano..and im not sure if conte...

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

And another problem - Lippi's thoughts. As you point out Maresca is one who should be a regular starter but seems to have different views. And Tudor, he is not and never will be a midfielder, again Lippi doesn't seem to think that way.

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    camo is not a good enough starter?! appiah will improve, tachinardi is average, and conte is reliable and has actually been one of our best midfielders.

they could definitely start for juve! or do you want some "galacticos" for juve?! not every player is going to worth over 50m! they provide balance.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++

maresca , nedved , tachinardi, camoranesi , appiah, conte, even zambrotta.
    Appiah
    Tacchinardi
    Conte
    are you serious?

Zamb is not a real midfielder

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

Appiah
    Tacchinardi
    Conte
    are you serious?

I would be happy if Zambrotta could play in midfield with Maresca and Nedved. That would be really great, but then we would need another defender instead of Zambro...

OP
    Square

Square

Oct 6, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

Appiah
    Tacchinardi
    Conte
    are you serious?

dont overreact it damages your credibility.

give appiah another season. definitely a handy player to have at the club. on for the future, hes not at juve for no reason.

tachinardi is average and sometimes can be brilliant; vs real second leg last season. experienced etc.

conte again see tachinardi. was the best juve player in the cl final last season.

I SAY AGAIN: WE ARE NOT REAL MADRID. NOT EVERY PLAYER WILL BE WORTH 50m+ AND BALANCE IS NEEDED.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I agree with Ian when he says that quantity doesn't always guarantee quality, but imo Camo, Tacch and Appiah are good enough to be playing for Juve. They may not be as good as Figo, Vieira or Emerson in their respective positions, but when on form they are all very useful players imo. It's not easy to have a good debut season at Juventus. The likes of Buffon, Thuram, Di Vaio and even European Footballer of the Year Pavel Nedved struggled in their first seasons here, the same may apply to Appiah as he was one of the best midfielders in Serie A when wearing Brescia's colours. Tacchinardi has had an on-and-off season but during his absences through injury we missed him dearly, while Camoranesi has been quite good for long stretches of the campaign. Some added creativity would be ideal but I'm afraid that the only way we'll see Rosicky, Diego or Fiore wearing black and white next season is if Nedved departs. If he stays we'll get Kapo or Jankulovski at best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)