Mattia Destro - Forward - Siena/Genoa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

Date of birth: 20 March 1991 (age 21)
Place of birth: Ascoli Piceno, Italy
Height: 1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)​

Mattia Destro (born 20 March 1991) is an Italian footballer who plays for Serie A club Siena, on loan from Genoa.

Son of former footballer Flavio Destro, Mattia Destro started his career with Ascoli, from his born place and one of the former clubs of his father. He was the member of Giovanissimi Nazionali in 2004–05 season, while his father Flavio was the coach of Allievi Nazionali team at that time. In mid-2005, he joined Internazionale's youth system.

Destro was the team top-scorer of Giovanissimi Nazionali team in 2005–06 season, the second team top-scorer of Allievi Nazionali in 2006–07 season (behind Mario Balotelli) and the second team top-scorer of Primavera team in 2008–09 season (behind Aiman Napoli). Destro won the league title with Allievi Nazionali team in 2008, and he also played for Primavera – the senior youth team that season, scored 4 goal in the league group stage;1 in Primavera league playoff, winning 2008 Torneo di Viareggio and losing to Sampdoria in the final of the Primavera League.

Destro scored 18 goals in 2009–10 Campionato Nazionale Primavera Group stage and played a few club friendlies for the first team. Destro won 2009–10 UEFA Champions League as unused member, which the team named him as one of the U21 youth product in the list B since 2008–09 edition.

Genoa

In June 2010, La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Internazionale agreed a deal with Genoa to sign the central back Andrea Ranocchia, and Destro was a piece-weight. The transfer became official on 20 July 2010, which Genoa has a first option to sign Destro in co-ownership deal in June 2011.

After the injury of Luca Toni, Destro started his first match in Serie A on 12 September 2010 as the only central forward in 3–4–3 formation, and he scored a goal in the sixth minute. However, the home match Genoa eventually lost 1–3 to Chievo.

As Ranocchia joined Inter outright in January 2011 for €12.5 million, Destro joined Genoa outright in June for €4.5 million. That month Genoa also signed his Inter team-mate Samuele Longo in co-ownership for peppercorn fee who already loaned to "the Griffin" in January 2011, made two strikers became the piece-weight of signing Ranocchia.

Siena

In 2011 he left for Serie A newcomer Siena, joining Genoa (and former Inter) team-mate Francesco Bolzoni who already spent 2010–11 season on loan at the Tuscany club . Destro became one of the starting forward along with Siena flagship striker Emanuele Calaiò, while Pablo Andrés González became the third choice striker.

International career

Destro almost capped for Azzurrini in every level, from U16 to U21 (except U20 team). Destro scored more than 1 goal in average for Italy U19 team, and scored 10 out of his 1st to 11th games; however he failed to score any in the final tournament.

Italy U17

Destro made his debut for Italy U16 team in the U16 international Val-de-Marne tournament. He was the member of U17 team at 2008 Euro qualification (along with team-mate Santon, winger, Caldirola and Rigione, defenders), scored 1 goal in 2 appearances; Destro started all 3 matches of the elite qualification, scored 1 goal. He also called to 2008 Minsk under-17 International Tournament: scored a goal in a 1–1 draw with Moldova, a goal in 3–0 won against Belarus Eventually Azzurrini lost 0–1 to Russia (line-up unavailable) and finished as the third by winning Belgium 1–0 (scored by Roberto Soriano). (line-up unavailable).

Italy U19

On 17 December 2008, he scored a goal in his U19 debut, winning Romania 3–1. Destro scored the only goal in the next match in March 2009, winning Norway 1–0. He also capped once for Italy U18 team in January 2009, scored a goal in the match that 3–0 won Denmark U18. Due to the early exit of Italy U19 team (born 1990 class) in 2009 season, Italy U18 team (born 1991) was de facto the same team as U19 (born 1991 class). Destro was a regular member of U18/19 team (born 1991), received a call-up against Ukraine (born 1990 team) but did not play and missed a friendly tournament in Slovakia due to injury. He then scored a goal in the 4–1 win against Denmark (friendly) in September 2009, and 5 goals in 3 appearances in the qualification in November. Which team-mate Caldirola and winger Tremolada were also at the starting line-up. Destro then scored a hat-trick against Turkey in January 2010,the opening goal against Germany in March,3 goals in 2 appearances at the elite round in May 2010. Destro only not scored in the friendly match against Switzerland in April 2010.

He played all 3 matches of 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship for Italy U19 team. The team failed to score any goal and finished as the bottom of Group B (equal 7th).

Italy U21

After Alberto Paloschi was injured and would miss the final qualification match of 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship qualification, Destro received his first U21 call-up and substituted Stefano Okaka in the 80th minute. That match Azzurrini won Wales 1–0 and ahead Wales as the group champion by winning head to head record. On 8 October 2010, he started the play-off match and partnered with Okaka (442 formation), and he scored the opening goal by converting the pass of Diego Fabbrini with a left foot shot. He was substituted by Luca Marrone in the 53rd minute as the coach changed to 433 formation. Azzurrini eventually won Belarus 2–0. However, after losing winger Ezequiel Schelotto and fullback Lorenzo De Silvestri, Italy losing 0–3 to Belarus at Borisov. Destro was substituted by winger Guido Marilungo at half time. He scored against Turkey in a 1-0 win for the U21 Championship qualifier

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Melo, don't do this to me.

It's bad enough that Baggio has been stringing me along for the past 2 weeks on Jovetic.

Now I know how my ex-girlfriends feel.

God, I'm such an awful human being

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #4
    Fabio Paratici met with his agents yesterday. Inter wants him as well.

---------- Post added 22.05.2012 at 19:50 ----------

Melo, don't do this to me.

It's bad enough that Baggio has been stringing me along for the past 2 weeks on Jovetic.

Now I know how my ex-girlfriends feel.

God, I'm such an awful human being
    If he signs, we'll both get the Destro haircut. Deal? :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Fabio Paratici met with his agents yesterday. Inter wants him as well.

---------- Post added 22.05.2012 at 19:50 ----------

If he signs, we'll both get the Destro haircut. Deal? :D

Man, I'm 42. Who do you think I am, Dennis Rodman?

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
    His price tag won't be more than 12 million. Marrota use your brain. Send Boriello back, and bring one of these Immobile or Destro.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    His price tag won't be more than 12 million. Marrota use your brain. Send Boriello back, and bring one of these Immobile or Destro.

Maybe, maybe not.

Keep in mind that he is the youngest Italian striker to score 12 goals in Serie A since Roberto Bettega

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Marotta must hate me. He chases all the Italian talents out there but when its comes to the only Italian player that I want, Giovinco, he's not as accommodating :(

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Marotta must hate me. He chases all the Italian talents out there but when its comes to the only Italian player that I want, Giovinco, he's not as accommodating :(
    I told you that he reads the Marotta thread, but did you listen?

Noooooooooooooooooo

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)