Yo mobs, participate in mafia (1 Viewer)

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    you prob heard this a million times but where are the rules ?
    Thanks for reminding me.

We have the rules in this same subforum but they need some major updating. I will do that and post them here before I tell a moderator to paste the updated rules in the original thread.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    I'm in.

I'm on vacation so I can replace you those two days if you wish Alen. Though I'm not sure how that would work if i'm playing.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    Basically this is how it's played.

Let's say there are 20 people playing. 5 of them or something like that will be Gangsters and the rest will be Civilians. Amongst the Civilians there will be a Lawyer, a Bodyguard, and a Detective.

I'll explain the roles each ones have:

Gangsters - They know each other. Their aim is to kill off as many civilians as it takes to equal the number of G's and C's. So if take my example above: if there are 5 G's and 5 C's left in the game the G's win.

G's basically pretend to be C's and manipulate and trick people. It's everyone's job to be on their toes and look for hints, post patterns, voting patterns, etc. to figure out who the G's are.

Civilians - They have no idea who is and who isn't a Civilian. This is what makes the game interesting. A lot of accusations are thrown and a lot of times you end up scratching your head after someone who you thought was a C or a G ends up dead. Civilians win when every single G is killed.

Detective - Every day the detective gets to investigate someone. Basically he/she asks the role of someone and the narrator tells them. But again, no one knows who the detective is so even if someone claims to be a detective and says "so and so" is a G you can't automatically believe them.
    The Detective makes his choice BEFORE the voting is over.

The Detective also has the option of using once per game the "gun's blazing" mode which allows them to kill one person they choose without knowing before hand their role. The gun blaze can not be used in the same day if the D already investigated someone that day. The Detective will not be able to investigate the first night after they do this as a consequence of using this mode. Afterwards their role will go back to normal. However, if the person they kill is any type of civilian, their role will immediately be revealed on the thread as a press release, blowing their cover.

The DETECTIVE DOES NOT get back the result of an investigation as soon as he asks, nor does he gun blaze in the middle of the day, but ONLY after the lynching and overall deadline.

Bodyguard - Ever day someone get's lynched; people vote on who they think is a G and then that person gets killed at the end of the day's play and their role is revealed. Then the G's whack someone. The bodyguard gets to pick someone or themselves every day who they want to be protected from whacking. So if the G's decide on whacking someone but that person is being protected by the bodyguard then they fail on that whacking. Again, you don't know who the bodyguard is or who he is protecting. The bodyguard can protect the same person every night.

Lawyer - The lawyer gets to save someone from lynching. So even if someone gets the most votes and they're going to be lynched, they will survive if they get protected by the Lawyer. But the lawyer gets to save someone from being lynched only twice during the game. Not every night. Just like the bodyguard, the lawyer can protect the same person twice in two straight days.

Jailer: The Jailer has the option of imprisoning one person for a whole day and night. They will send the narrators their target 2 hours before voting deadline (or earlier) and that person will be subsequently imprisoned until the voting deadline. A person in jail cannot speak in the thread or pm anyone at all involved in the game. Any violation of this will result in a further day of imprisonment. A third violation will mean an auto-lynching for that person. The person in prison can be lynched just like anyone else during the daytime voting, but they cannot participate themselves in the voting. However, during the night time, a person in jail will not be whacked as they are behind a jail cell. The jailer may not imprison the same person twice in a row. If the jailer is killed, there will be a random draw of all regular civilians, and one of them will secretly receive the jailer role. This is the only reassigned role allowed in the game. Once the jailer has been reassigned, it will not be reassigned a third time. The Jailer can also not imprison themselves.

Crooked Cop: The Crooked Cop is a gangster who gets to ask 4 the narrator about who the detective investigated (but he gets to do this at most 4 times during the game). After the crooked cop makes his own investigation, he gets told by the narrator who was investigated and what was the role of the investigated player. When the detective is killed the crooked cop becomes just a normal gangster. This role is not reassigned.

The crooked cop cannot find out who the detective actually is, only what the detective is doing.

Recruiting: One of the gangsters gets the recruiter's role and the Gs can recruit 1 civillian any time they want during the game. Recruiting does not apply for the detective or the bodyguard. The lawyer, jailer and any other civillian can be recruited and thus become gangsters while keeping the powers they previously had. Gangesters has to submit 3 names to the narrator. The narrator will make a draw and let gangesters who they recruited (Bodyguard and Detective cant be recruited, but Jailer and Lawyer can). The recruited civilian will be informed also. The players at large will NOT be informed that there has been a recruitment. They have to figure that by themselves.

The Detective, the lawyer and the bodyguard make their choice BEFORE the voting is over.

Hope that clears things.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    If you need some other things need to be updated, do it now before it's too late.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    Gunblazing can happen at any time of the day, that's the whole point behind it no? And yeah, investigation results are given after the deadline, don't know why that was messed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)