UEFA European Football Awards (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Goal of the season (I voted for the macaibi haifa fella vs. man utd)
best goalkeeper (I voted for Buffon)
best defender (I voted for Thuram)
best midfielder (I voted for Nedved)
best forward (I voted for Nistelrooij)

Sander

Feb 5, 2003
Plz lets make sure all the italians winn

AND PLZ dont vote Van Nistelrooy the man is an idiot!!
and i would know cause im half dutch..
He is just the favorite of the press, thats why they hype him.
If he would play in Italy he wouldnt score much

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Sander ] ++
Plz lets make sure all the italians winn

AND PLZ dont vote Van Nistelrooy the man is an idiot!!
and i would know cause im half dutch..
He is just the favorite of the press, thats why they hype him.
If he would play in Italy he wouldnt score much
The press's obsession with the guy makes me sick too but he has impressed this season.

But you're right, in Italy he would probably fail like Kluivert did.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

The press's obsession with the guy makes me sick too but he has impressed this season.

Fortunately I don't have to endure the hype Nisterlooy gets.:D. Nevertheless, why do I always see him diving, cheating, intimidating opposition on little occasions that I see him play? i.e. His little tough action against Salgado in Madrid.
Also the fact that he plays for Man U, and represents their attack, is enough reason to hate this man with real intent.:D

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Here are my votes! (I tried not to vote just for Juve)

Best goal: Makaay against Lens! (Briliant)

Best goalkeeper: Gigi Buffon ( I am so sure he will win the award)

Best defender: Lilian Thuram

Best midfielder: Pavel Nedved (The same like Buffon!)

Best striker: Ruud van Nistelrooij

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

he does his best in england
because he is nothing else than another opportunist like inzaghi or maybe worse
his strong point is that he has force and this is a very searched quality in premier league
(from all the holland national team, he and van hooijdonk are the only ones i really can't stand :yuck: ... i'm sorry if i said something wrong about your team, erik ... you know that i love them too )

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
My votes go for :

Goal of the season ------> Brindelli Vs Deportivo :thumb:
best goalkeeper ------> Buffon :star:
best defender ------> Alessandro Nesta (milan)
for best midfielder ------> Nedved :strong:
for best forward ------> Alessandro Del Piero :star::strong:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Guys, do you need to have Flash or Real Player in order to vote, because when I voted no results or anything came up so I'm a bit sceptical as to whether or not I really voted.

And Erik, I didn't see this thread here so I posted an identical one in the Player Talk section, so if you could just close or delete that thread that would be appreciated.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
nesta :yuck:
no thank you :D
that birindelli goal was great, i agree :thumb:
Nesta was the man responsible for milan reachin' the final so he deserves that credit.He was far better than any other defender in the CL this year.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Nesta may have been solid, and his central defensive partnership with Maldini proved crucial in Milan winning the Champions League, but despite this Thuram is still without a doubt the best defender in the world IMO. You may think that I'm being biassed because Thuram is a Juventino, but all you have to do is open your eyes and watch the football. Lilian excels in practically every area possible, from tackling to crossing to shooting (remember his goal in Serie A against Milan), and I would hate to think what would have happened to us against Barcelona and Real Madrid in the CL quarters and semis respectively if he (Thuram) wasn't there.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
You have got a point Stuart.;)

But i hate to start an argument i know it's result before it begins with you. every body knows that Nesta is simply the best defender in the whole world now..Nesta is the one who made milan look great just ask any milan fan. i'm not denying that thuram was great too and crucial at some times. but what he did to us isn't comparable with what has nesta done to Milan.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
You have got a point Stuart.;)

But i hate to start an argument i know it's result before it begins with you. every body knows that Nesta is simply the best defender in the whole world now..Nesta is the one who made milan look great just ask any milan fan. i'm not denying that thuram was great too and crucial at some times. but what he did to us isn't comparable with what has nesta done to Milan.
that is debatable, because thuram was solid rock in the defense, like nest was too.
I dont see an abismal difference in it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't want to quarrel either, but are you saying that Milan only won the CL because of Nesta? Yes, Sandro has been vital, but what about SuperPippo's ten goals, Rui Costa's assists, Gattuso's work ethic, Maldini's experience and Shevchenko's stunning form in the quarters, semis and finals? Thuram was more consistent than Nesta this season, that's why my vote goes to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)