Jorge Andrade is ours

Full name : Jorge Manuel Almeida Gomes de Andrade
Date of birth: April 9, 1978 (age 29)
Place of birth: Lisbon, Portugal
Height: 1.84 m 74 kg
Playing position: Centre-back

Juve agree Andrade fee
Saturday 7 July, 2007

Juventus have further strengthened their squad after agreeing terms with Deportivo La Coruna for Jorge Andrade.

The Spanish club have admitted that they have agreed a deal “in principle” with the Turin giants which should see the defender move to the Olimpico.

No financial details have yet been released, but it is understood that the Serie B champions will have to hand over £7m.

The Bianconeri turned their attention to the Portuguese stopper after their move for Gabriel Milito hit the rocks.

The Italian side have been chasing the Real Zaragoza man for some time, but reaching a compromise which the Liga club has been impossible.

As a result, it is now widely expected that Milito will join Barcelona after they were told to forget about netting Cristian Chivu of Roma.

Andrade, who is expected in Turin over the next few days to complete his medical, joined Deportivo in 2002 after impressing for two years at Porto.

Born in Lisbon 29 years ago, Jorge Manuel Almeida Gomes de Andrade started his career with hometown club Estrela da Amadora.

Winner of over 40 caps, the player has represented his country at World Cup and European Championship level.

Andrade is the second Portuguese player to have been netted by La Vecchia Signora this summer after Tiago Mendes joined from Lyon in a £9m deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
He a good player. I'd rather him for 10 million euro than Milito for 20. Especially not after this Copa America...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
never really seen this guy play...I'm not big on Portuguese players either

hope he and Tiago can change my opinion

Sep 19, 2006
never really seen this guy play...I'm not big on Portuguese players either

hope he and Tiago can change my opinion
what?,u never saw portugal playing,u never saw Deportivo playing,I think andrade played against Juve 4 times in the CL 2003 & 2004!!! Anyway he is a great player,I really like the guy,the only problem I have with him is his injuries & age!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)