Suggestions (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Oh, I get it now, it's already been suggested, we'll see what Marty says when he logs on, but it will most probably be done.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Layce Erayce said:
When a mod closes a spammer's thread, can they also remove the links? If they stoop low enough to spam, then they dont deserve a single hit.
While Zlatan is clearly The Enforcer around here, I have a very low tolerance for spammers. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but when I catch spammers on the site not only do I ban them and close the thread. I also edit the original post, change the links, and essentially ridicule the poster by altering some of the text of the spammer's post.

It's my outlet for how I get my aggressions out. ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Or, you could just move it to the mods room like I do. That way the thread will be invisible and the links wont get any hits, and the people who posted in it wouldnt lose their posts ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not a bad solution. Still, something about public humiliation as a social deterrent still appeals to me. :p

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    While I dont usually like smilies like that, I actually second Jeeks there. At least people can post that instead of "FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!".

Another suggestion: Can the color of the posbit column on the left side be changed to contrast the post region on the right?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Layce Erayce said:
    Another suggestion: Can the color of the posbit column on the left side be changed to contrast the post region on the right?
    Wild guess: you're on a laptop? LCD's have notoriously inferior contrast ranges, while I can contrast it perfectly well on my desktop, I can't on the laptop.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Martin said:
    Wild guess: you're on a laptop? LCD's have notoriously inferior contrast ranges, while I can contrast it perfectly well on my desktop, I can't on the laptop.
    correct. I even tried angling the screen around.

....Actually it looks better now :shocked: Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did Keef/Marty do something?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Layce Erayce said:
    While I dont usually like smilies like that, I actually second Jeeks there. At least people can post that instead of "FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!".
    Word.

Fantastic smilie. If only I had a way to add it myself... hmmm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)