which one of our current players is a juventus legend..other than dp? (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
-this isnt about players that MIGHT develop into juventus legends in the future( for eg zlatan)
-this isnt about juventus legends who were with us until last season(for eg ferrara)

this is about players in our current squad that in the future,will be spoken of in the same mould as Scirea,Baggio,Boniperti,Bettega,Platini etc...based on their juventus achievements to DATE,not including wt they might do in the future.
at this point in time,do we have any other juventus legend in the squad other than del piero?

id say there are 2 players that might come CLOSE to being called juventus legends ie pavel nedved and lilian thuram.but somehow,i think they'll be remembered as GREAT juventus servants,but i dont think they'll be called juventus legends.

so i suppose alex is the only legend within our ranks right now..or do we have others?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If Vieira or Cannavaro were with us for much longer, who knows?

But you're forgetting Gigi Buffon. Besides DP, he clearly has the potential of becoming a Juve legend.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
buffon definately a legend already,best keeper since zoff and of course alex is already. agree that nedved thuram and canavarro will all be fondly remembered but not in the legend bracket

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Buffon, Zambrotta, Trezeguet and most importantly Pessotto.

Why? Buffon is in the same kategory as Zoff. Zambrotta can be compared to Cabrini. These both guys should just win something more (CL and/or World Cup and/or Euros) so they'd be there competing with everyone. Trezeguet is very underrated in here, you've got to remember that despite everything le Roi has scored over hundred goals, not to mention that he has won everything but CL. He's definitely up there.

Pessotto? What can I say, just look at all the trophies he won. I'd compare him to Brio.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
Buffon, Zambrotta, Trezeguet and most importantly Pessotto.

Why? Buffon is in the same kategory as Zoff. Zambrotta can be compared to Cabrini. These both guys should just win something more (CL and/or World Cup and/or Euros) so they'd be there competing with everyone. Trezeguet is very underrated in here, you've got to remember that despite everything le Roi has scored over hundred goals, not to mention that he has won everything but CL. He's definitely up there.

Pessotto? What can I say, just look at all the trophies he won. I'd compare him to Brio.
actually you are probably correct on trez,though pessotto will be looked upon as a good servent of the club i would not rate him as highly as ferarra,gentile,scirea,tardelli,etc

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    alrite:D

im surprised no one has defended nedved and thuram and brought up the 'nedved and thuram are juventus legends' case.

if there's anyone that i wud call a greater part of juventus history in the current squad after alex,it wud be nedved becoz of the matches he has won us single handedly and the superb 02/03 season.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    alrite:D

im surprised no one has defended nedved and thuram and brought up the 'nedved and thuram are juventus legends' case.

if there's anyone that i wud call a greater part of juventus history in the current squad after alex,it wud be nedved becoz of the matches he has won us single handedly and the superb 02/03 season.
    granted nedved will be a legend of the game but not a juve legend as he was only at his peak with us a couple of seasons,same can be said of zidane.
    last season del piero scored 11 decisive goals(goals that were winners in 2-1 or 1-0 wins)that is more than any other player in serie a

Sep 1, 2002
    Zizou!!!!
    If had ever sat in the stands an felt the passion and excitement, whenever he received the ball, you would not even consider leaving him out. It was Zizou we all wanted to have the ball, not DP or any other... He lit up the game as no other in that team.

Of the current side, I believe that Trez will go down as one of the true Leg ends: for more often than not, when the ball is trown into the box, it is his leg end, which leads to a foot, that puts it into the net.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    yeah except we never got the best of zidane we moulded him into the best player in the planet, showed him what it meant to be a winner and then sold him to real who have tried yo beat the winning mentality out of him and turned him into a show pony. he is the greatest player of his generation but could only be considered a juve legend if we held on to him a wee bit longer

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
    nedved and thuram are not legends. I dont believe they were with Juve long enough. however Pessotto fits into that legendary category for me. Especially after we win the champions league this season ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)