Zlatan to Juve? (3 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i wouldnt say no to him. having him and trezeguet as our main strikers would good. he might not score as much as trez, but he still acts as target man and would better suit us than di vaio.

its just interesting now that zlatan gets rumoured to us, salas is joining river which means that we may ask for cavenaghi...who knows, maybe both will join and we could see trez and dv both leaving come this summer.

getting interesting now IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
Zlatan reminds me of John Carew, Big, Skillful, doesn't score a great deal.

I would imagine him to do about as well as Carew is doing for Roma if he were to join Juve!

I'd rather us not buy that type of player!! we need an out and out goal scorer, who can also hold the ball up!!

Trezegeut on form(he scores but does absoluteley nothin else)!!

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i wouldnt say no to him. having him and trezeguet as our main strikers would good. he might not score as much as trez, but he still acts as target man and would better suit us than di vaio.

its just interesting now that zlatan gets rumoured to us, salas is joining river which means that we may ask for cavenaghi...who knows, maybe both will join and we could see trez and dv both leaving come this summer.

getting interesting now IMO.

So what s gonna happen to Del Piero then? Play behind the strikers?,sit on the bench?

I hope ur not thinking of sitting him on the bench!! that would make me cry!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i meant trez and zlatan as our main strikers...leaving dp and miccoli as support strikers.

rotation would be the key.

Sc_azzurrik

Mar 1, 2004
imho it's betta buy Gilardino than Zlatan but if zlatan ....then em...i don't think that DP will play only as a supporter!
and Miccoli ...give him a chance, man!

Jul 28, 2002
Anyone kno who gila's boyhood team were??? i hope it was juve, cos he kicks ass.... cheaper invetsment than zlatan...is italian, younger, and a goalscorer.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Anyone kno who gila's boyhood team were??? i hope it was juve, cos he kicks ass.... cheaper invetsment than zlatan...is italian, younger, and a goalscorer.
Gilardino isn't better than Zlatan, but he might be cheaper...and you are of course right, he is Italian, and that'll probably persuade Moggi to buy him...:groan:

Jul 28, 2002
from the opinions i have gathered....zlatan is superior technically, but in terms of finishing, gila is proven with parma...apparantly Zlat cnat do it for ajax sometimes :down:

Wish we bought mutu.

Jul 12, 2002
from the opinions i have gathered....zlatan is superior technically, but in terms of finishing, gila is proven with parma...apparantly Zlat cnat do it for ajax sometimes :down:

Wish we bought mutu.
I think Zlatan is a good finisher,and he'll get even better when put in a situation where people rely more on him for goals than for service. In Ajax, he is required to provide a lot of the creative influence in the team. In Juve he would not be responsible for that as much and he could focus more on scoring.

Jul 28, 2002
well i havent watched him much but from eredivise fans,they say he is merely average.

I reckon his personality would be funny tho :D

Jul 12, 2002
well i havent watched him much but from eredivise fans,they say he is merely average.

I reckon his personality would be funny tho :D
That's a good point that you bring up. A lot people say that Zlatan is arrogant, but he is a clever person and on the field he exerts a leadership influence. That's something that our attack lacks without Del Piero.

But, I don't know about "just average." Zlatan may not live up to the hype that surrounds him, but he is very far above average. I do watch Zlatan a lot and I'm usually impressed with him, and I rate him very highly. I know Erik will back me up when I say that "average" does not describe Zlatan very well.

Jul 28, 2002
he was educating me in dutch football, aparantly eredivise is translated to league of honour :angel:..learn sumink every day :cool:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
no baggio, our defence is just one problem right now. we need to fix the midfield and forward unit also.

the one thing that Zlatan has got is that CL experience and international experience which i believe is important for juve. Gilardino might be playing well for parma and in Serie A, which is great, but at the same time, i dont think he has the same experience which zlatan has.

on top of that, Zlatan has better skills and is more creative. in addition, he is a target man also, which gives us a striker who basically has all aspects in his game. Sure, he doesnt score as much as we would like, but at the same time, playing with juve in a different team structure with different tactics and so on could see that changed. i suppose the last striker at the club who had the same characteristics as Zlatan was Boksic. Boksic had great pace, great ball control, could dribble 2 or 3 players without breaking a sweat. but his finishing wasnt great and he didnt really score enough with the given opportunities. however, our general play with del piero partnering him and zidane behind really saw some great attacking football and boksic really helped create a lot for others in the team. This is what Zlatan is able to do and this is what we lack now in the team.

Gilardino's style is closer to trezeguets and this is a positive towards buying him, but i feel that passing up an opportunity to buy Zlatan could be a huge regret.

and lets think realistically now. Juve could very well walk away with nothing this season and with losses, money is going to an issue. players like trezeguet and nedved are wanted by others and if they offer us the big bucks, moggi will take it. so maybe getting a creative striker like Zlatan could be crucial for our attacking options.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
okay, i'll have to try and spell it out for you.

del piero-trez
del piero-zlatan
miccoli- trez
miccoli-zlatan

understand now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)