Zlatan IS lazy (because the other tread was closed) (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, because the other thread was closed: I do think Zlatan IS lazy and too much in love with the ball. I don't have a problem with the fact Zlatan isn't performing up to his standards just yet, that's only natural when you've just joined a big club, but why doesn't he at least work hard out there? He seems immobile and slow. Especially in the game against Ajax where he let Del Piero do all the work. He's like a second Trezeguet. And it isn't even Ale's strong point to do much working, so really RUN Zlatan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
From the only game I saw of Juve this season, I think he;s a little too selfish with the ball, he just wants to be in control of it so he can score, but there might be some players in the area that arent marked and could score if Zlatan passed the ball

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    Give him a break. He isn't used in italian style of play yet, but he'll get used to it.
    That's not my problem. I have a problem with the fact that he doesn't work hard enough. ANYONE can work.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    Give him time man! If he still isn't the teamplayer we want at the end of the moth, we can start to critises him!
    I don't think you understand: I'm ok with the fact he isn't playing great, but I'm not ok with the fact he doesn't work hard and looks lazy. That hasn't got anything to do with form or adapting to a team...That's just Zlatan's personality.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

That's not my problem. I have a problem with the fact that he doesn't work hard enough. ANYONE can work.

Isnt it you who underrated the importance of workrate, and overrated the importance of talent? Oh the irony, the cruel, cruel irony...

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

He is working very hard. But he just needs time to get used with italian style of play.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Anyways, did you see him playing for Ajax or the Swedish NT in EURO 2004? He works very hard, comes back for the ball, closes down defenders, sometimes makes uneccessary tackles. If he's lazy it's probably because he's following Cap's orders.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Anyways, did you see him playing for Ajax or the Swedish NT in EURO 2004? He works very hard, comes back for the ball, closes down defenders, sometimes makes uneccessary tackles. If he's lazy it's probably because he's following Cap's orders.

Exactly. And the defences in Italy are way better than in Holland, probably the best, so you can't expect him to fit immediatelly.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    True. Knowing how Zlatan played, I think that he really just has to adopt the Italian play. In the match against Udinese, he already worked hard, made some nice plays, but still is a bit to selfish. Give him time, and see whats happening!

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13

Isnt it you who underrated the importance of workrate, and overrated the importance of talent? Oh the irony, the cruel, cruel irony...
    I said talent is more necessary than workrate to ever make it big. Because talent is something you either have or not and workrate is something you can obtain. That's exactly why I'm criticising Zlatan: perhaps he isn't in form just yet, but he could at least work.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    You're correct on all counts but Ibrahimovic is way too selfish, you gotta admit that. I dunno about lazy, but he hogs the ball too much for my liking. Hopefully Capello can sort that out.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You're correct on all counts but Ibrahimovic is way too selfish, you gotta admit that. I dunno about lazy, but he hogs the ball too much for my liking. Hopefully Capello can sort that out.
    Its only a matter of time. ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    No offence to Z , i know he's great player , but i'd always and always and always Prefer Dp's Trezeguet's partnership ... Anyhow if he didn't improve , i don't blame him , it's capello's fault, .. ..

meryem_valo

Sep 22, 2004
    Hey dont worry Im sure that its just a matter of time!!!
    He's a great player and I dont think that he's too lazy...he has already scored 3 goals and dont forget that he saved us against Palermo !

And now that Trezeguet is out for 4 months im sure that he will work hard to show to all the Juve fans that he can be one of the best strikers of the team!

I just hope that he wont be suspended for the match against Messina!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)