zlatan ibrahimovic (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
back up? what do you mean back up strikers? having a worldclass striker as a back up?man....are you drunk:lazy:
nah, thats right. when trezeguet gets injured, we'll replace him with some average striker who misses all the chances. that would be a better idea wouldnt it?

reasons why young world class players as such are good because they'll accept the bench more than older players.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
The Russians are coming!

They have so much money that I wouldn't be surprised if Russia turned to another Qatar for older football stars.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

nah, thats right. when trezeguet gets injured, we'll replace him with some average striker who misses all the chances. that would be a better idea wouldnt it?

reasons why young world class players as such are good because they'll accept the bench more than older players.
What are you on about? young players are the people who want to start, oldies like conte accept being benched.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

What are you on about? young players are the people who want to start, oldies like conte accept being benched.
by older "older players" i think he meant players of average age ie 25-29.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
The Russians are coming!

They have so much money that I wouldn't be surprised if Russia turned to another Qatar for older football stars.
I'd be very surprised. Russia is in a dire financial state as a country. A few oligarchs have tons of cash but the avergae Russian is poor, as is the majority of Russian industry. You can't afford big salaries for players on a team that sells no tickets and no jersey's.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
That has been changing rapidly, Ian. The middle class is heavily developing, especially in urban areas.

That certainly won't happen in the next 5-10 years, but the trend you see now is foreign coaches and foreign players in practically all teams of the Russian premier league.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

no, when young strikers as such join a big team like juve, they are not expecting to walk straight into the team. They expect to come on and they try to prove themselves. Trezeguet did this when he first joined juve as he had inzaghi and kovacevic to compete against. he was third choice but accepted it, and knew that inzaghi would move on as would kovacevic. and this happened the next summer.

the same thing will happen for the likes of gilardino or zlatan. they wont come to juve thinking they will be the key men like they are at parma or ajax. its only natural for this to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)