Zlatan Ibrahimovic (28 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nothing wrong with saying "Sweden deserved to go through and that needs to be acknowledged" but when you start it with "buffon can cry all he wants" particularly within the context it happened (living legend, 20+ year career, literally crying cause he doesn't get to attend his last WC) pretty disgusting.

Except it wasn't true. If it was somehow possible, I'd say both teams deserved to go out. Italy were incredibly uninspiring, Sweden played horribly defensive and negative football. You can't really 'acnknowledge' the Swedish performance, because it just wasn't there. Sweden were godawful.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Except it wasn't true. If it was somehow possible, I'd say both teams deserved to go out. Italy were incredibly uninspiring, Sweden played horribly defensive and negative football. You can't really 'acnknowledge' the Swedish performance, because it just wasn't there. Sweden were godawful.
So many godawful teams are in World Cup, Sweden absoulutely deserved it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So many godawful teams are in World Cup, Sweden absoulutely deserved it.
Based on what? They were the lesser team over both games. Italy had it coming to them, they've made very poor choices over the years, but that doesn't mean that somehow Sweden played well. They still sucked. Bad.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The only reason Ibra made a dig at Buffon is because he interpreted Buffon crying as a sign of disrespect for his country. That's the reason for the "acknowledge" Sweden's performance

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Based on what? They were the lesser team over both games. Italy had it coming to them, they've made very poor choices over the years, but that doesn't mean that somehow Sweden played well. They still sucked. Bad.
Italy was awful and not Sweden. Italy was simply poor and they didn't deserve to get through.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Italy was awful and not Sweden. Italy was simply poor and they didn't deserve to get through.
You're not getting it. I'm not disputing that Italy were awful. No one is. But that doesn't automatically make Sweden good. They were still the lesser of the two teams.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
You're not getting it. I'm not disputing that Italy were awful. No one is. But that doesn't automatically make Sweden good. They were still the lesser of the two teams.
:agree:

You couldn't be anymore right

Sweden were crap for 180 minutes and offered no threat what so ever

Italy's poor attacking tactics and lack of movement and creativity reduced us to crossing all game which Sweden had big and strong defenders to keep heading away

Both teams were shit but Italy was definitely less shit

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:agree:

You couldn't be anymore right

Sweden were crap for 180 minutes and offered no threat what so ever

Italy's poor attacking tactics and lack of movement and creativity reduced us to crossing all game which Sweden had big and strong defenders to keep heading away

Both teams were shit but Italy was definitely less shit
Italy made the World Cup?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Of course sweden played defensively. If you line them up man to man there is no comparison. Italy have no excuse for ousting a side like sweden comfortably
Of course they don't. But that's not the question. Italy deserved to go out, definitely. But Sweden sure as fuck did not deserve to make the World Cup. It was a horrible performance from them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not sure how Sweden deserved to go through when they didn’t. It’s not like they throw a lottery to pick who makes it.

That's exactly what they did. Sweden gambled by doing nothing for 180 minutes. Any half decent team would have scored against them at some point. Hell, even Italy were desperately unlucky and the way Sweden scored is borderine inexplicable. This came down to pure luck, nothing else.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Okay, I was confused and thought Sweden didn’t make it.

In that case, they deserved to go through. It doesn’t matter how badly you play, all that matters is the points. Same as saying Juve didn’t deserve to go past Tottenham if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what they did. Sweden gambled by doing nothing for 180 minutes. Any half decent team would have scored against them at some point. Hell, even Italy were desperately unlucky and the way Sweden scored is borderine inexplicable. This came down to pure luck, nothing else.
Luck is part of the game but you’re still putting 11 players out there. They came out with the W, they deserve it in my eyes.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Okay, I was confused and thought Sweden didn’t make it.

In that case, they deserved to go through. It doesn’t matter how badly you play, all that matters is the points. Same as saying Juve didn’t deserve to go past Tottenham if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Luck is part of the game but you’re still putting 11 players out there. They came out with the W, they deserve it in my eyes.

You could see it like that, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Ibra meant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)