Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I know it sounds crazy but I think Gattuso would be a good appointment

First I would prefer Zidane obviously but i think he'll be waiting for France and take a sabbatical

Gattuso would make the cowards in our team work more

We won't have many alternatives either way

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

First I would prefer Zidane obviously but i think he'll be waiting for France and take a sabbatical

I'm not sure that alone is enough to resurrect Juve back to where they belong, atleast in Italy.

His work at Napoli has been very average. His Napoli looked completely inept against our washed up team when we played them in Turin. I don't see a proper structure in the way his teams play either. His body of work at both Milan and Napoli is very mediocre to say the least.

This is like saying Calhanoglu would be a good signing because he can pass and take free kicks but with him, there is obvious limitations ofcourse.

There are many other coaches I would consider within Italy alone before Gattuso.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

For far too long, the club has been comprising on its demands. No more compromises, no more bargains, no more opportunities. I will lose the little faith I have in the management if they take the easy and cheap way out yet again.
This penny pinching in key areas has caused us catastrophic losses financially and from a sporting perspective.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I would've thought that we should get a coach that has won something in order for us to become competitive again right? Sarri might have been a bum but at least he knew how to win and that took us to Serie A number 9. Gattuso will get us into CL but nothing more. What about the outgoing Bayern coach who has a CL win on his CV? Why is this so hard to comprehend for our management? Jeeeeeeesus Christ.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I would've thought that we should get a coach that has won something in order for us to become competitive again right? Sarri might have been a bum but at least he knew how to win and that took us to Serie A number 9. Gattuso will get us into CL but nothing more. What about the outgoing Bayern coach who has a CL win on his CV? Why is this so hard to comprehend for our management? Jeeeeeeesus Christ.
Log off amigo

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You can argue that point all you want but like I have said before. Zidane won with a stacked team and an almost unlimited budget. We don't have either right now we need a coach who can take some average players and inspire them to over acheive. Our budget is in the shitter at this point. We're not bringing in any world beaters so our next coach needs to be able to make those players excel beyond the capabilities they normally have. I don't know of Zidane can do that
How many players did Zidane buy? Who did he splurge on.
His tactics are kinda limited, but he knows how to bring the best out his players. He also only cares about winning at all costs, so he is ideal for Juve.
It’s pretty ridiculous to suggest that Gattuso would be a better hire for Juve. I cannot fathom any reason why would say that apart from the fact that Gattuso is Italian and Catholic while Zidane is not.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
How many players did Zidane buy? Who did he splurge on.
His tactics are kinda limited, but he knows how to bring the best out his players. He also only cares about winning at all costs, so he is ideal for Juve.
It’s pretty ridiculous to suggest that Gattuso would be a better hire for Juve. I cannot fathom any reason why would say that apart from the fact that Gattuso is Italian and Catholic while Zidane is not.
Why do you think that those two things matter when it comes to a coach ? I just don't know in my opinion especially if God forbid we loose out on CL how a Zidane takes a limited budget and makes us work

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I'm not sure that alone is enough to resurrect Juve back to where they belong, atleast in Italy.

His work at Napoli has been very average. His Napoli looked completely inept against our washed up team when we played them in Turin. I don't see a proper structure in the way his teams play either. His body of work at both Milan and Napoli is very mediocre to say the least.

This is like saying Calhanoglu would be a good signing because he can pass and take free kicks but with him, there is obvious limitations ofcourse.

There are many other coaches I would consider within Italy alone before Gattuso.
Other coaches in Italy are another story there are many better but not many available

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
maybe, but that European trophy would be the Europa League.
But then again, maybe that is our level right now.
Correct, my point is that Conte will get us league trophies but nothing in Europe, Sarri will get us the league and perhaps the EL, Zidane and Flick could get us every trophy and that should be our criteria from now on - certified winning managers based on where we need to be which instantly rules out Gattuso, Inzaghi, Gasperini. Outside of those criteria are Allegri because he took us to CL finals and Deschamps because he won the World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)