Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
97-98 final and favorite
98-99 semi final and favorite
99-00 didnt qualify and went to eufacup, where we didnt give a shit. Should have retaken serie a. Favorite but issues
00-01 early exits galore, squat needs revamp at several places

We should have kept zidane and made investments. Added buffon and nedved.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
97-98 final and favorite
99-00 didnt qualify and went to eufacup, where we didnt give a $#@!. Should have retaken serie a. Favorite but issues
00-01 early exits galore, squat needs revamp at several places.
Juventus was dominating force before Zidane in 90's. He is surely a legend and the maybe the most graceful player I ever witnessed apart from Baggio, but in second part of 90's Juve would have been a juggernaut even without Zizou.

Dec 26, 2004
Before Zidane was sold, juventus was a great and feared team, that domminated in europe and serie a.
When zidane left, juventus stopped doing that. We were an underdog when we went to the 2003 final. We never went close untill last year, when we were an underdog again.
Under capello, we had the potential to return to that status, but capello failed tremendously with such talented group, and calciopoli ended the team.

We got 2 legends. I'm happy for that. But we stopped having the status barcelona, madrid and bayern have today eversince.
Sad but true.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
97-98 final and favorite
99-00 didnt qualify and went to eufacup, where we didnt give a shit. Should have retaken serie a. Favorite but issues
00-01 early exits galore, squat needs revamp at several places

We should have kept zidane and made investments. Added buffon and nedved.
Impossible without Zidane's sale. Let's be honest here, we made a great deal, Zidane wasn't motivated anymore here and the money we earned allowed us to revamp the squad. Selling him for the world record fee was a great decision, sadly the offer didn't come a year earlier. Our decline started in 98/99. The team was at the end of cycle (4 European finals and one semi final) and some players needed to either hit the bench or leave the club (Di Livio, Toricelli).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Why did juventus decline in 98/99?
DP getting injured and some pivotal players in previous years like Di Livio and Toricelli left the club. Our defense started to leak goals. The first game of the season vs Peruggia was a good indication where our weakness lies. We won, but conceded 3 goals in the process, something unimaginable in the previous few seasons. Also Perruzzi as much as I liked him, was dreadful that year as well.

Dec 26, 2004
DP getting injured and some pivotal players in previous years like Di Livio and Toricelli left the club. Our defense started to leak goals. The first game of the season vs Peruggia was a good indication where our weakness lies. We won, but conceded 3 goals in the process, something unimaginable in the previous few seasons. Also Perruzzi as much as I liked him, was dreadful that year as well.
We were not that bad until Del Piero got that injury, from that point forward the season turned into a disaster.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Before Zidane was sold, juventus was a great and feared team, that domminated in europe and serie a.
When zidane left, juventus stopped doing that. We were an underdog when we went to the 2003 final. We never went close untill last year, when we were an underdog again.
Under capello, we had the potential to return to that status, but capello failed tremendously with such talented group, and calciopoli ended the team.

We got 2 legends. I'm happy for that. But we stopped having the status barcelona, madrid and bayern have today eversince.
:tup:

Capello was a huge setback IMO, a very bad coach who didnt worried a little about team prformance and just wanted to grind. But what really killed us was Calciopoli, period.
About being underdogs in the CL final... IMO it was just because the sole fact that we were missing Nedved, which was our soul and engine that season. With nedved on the roster we would have been a step above over milan...but without nedved we were a huge question mark and it showed in the Final.

They only stayed because they were forced to. Zidane was allowed to leave. That's the only difference... it doesn't make them more loyal at all. They would've been gone as $#@! if it were up to them.
That you dont know, and they stayed in the end so it doesnt mater anyways.

About Zidane, sportwise he has what it takes to be a legend for us, no doubts. He helped us to reach 2 finals and he won a ballondor under us. Not to mention he is the most talented mifdielder i have seen to grace the fields, and talentwise the best i have seen.

BUT, i just cant swallow his loyalty to madrid, and how he really wanted to go there and forget all about Juve.
For me, he doesnt need to be revered as legend...when his heart is somewhere else. Everytime he needs to deal with Juve matters, he always is very diplomatic because he has to, but thats it. His heart and his CL is in Madrid and thats how it is.

It pained me really in that time, because i didnt liked real madrid and seeing him scoring that goal and fulfilling his career in that team was too much. It still pains me.

Now seeing him so fulfilled being real madrid coach kind of ticks on those wounds again. He was my fav Juve player of all time...DelP and Nedved just a little below him.

Mar 10, 2009
Does Zidane actually consider himself Juve legend? That's the question that needs to be asked. Don't give me that "he played for us in the legends game against Real" nonsense. He was already there all he had to do was swap halfs, never mind that we had players like Vieri playing for us in that game. Question is, would Zidane be prepared to play for a Juve legends game if it was against a team like Barcelona or Man Utd?

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Capello was a huge setback IMO, a very bad coach who didnt worried a little about team prformance and just wanted to grind. But what really killed us was Calciopoli, period.
About being underdogs in the CL final... IMO it was just because the sole fact that we were missing Nedved, which was our soul and engine that season. With nedved on the roster we would have been a step above over milan...but without nedved we were a huge question mark and it showed in the Final.

That you dont know, and they stayed in the end so it doesnt mater anyways.

About Zidane, sportwise he has what it takes to be a legend for us, no doubts. He helped us to reach 2 finals and he won a ballondor under us. Not to mention he is the most talented mifdielder i have seen to grace the fields, and talentwise the best i have seen.

BUT, i just cant swallow his loyalty to madrid, and how he really wanted to go there and forget all about Juve.
For me, he doesnt need to be revered as legend...when his heart is somewhere else. Everytime he needs to deal with Juve matters, he always is very diplomatic because he has to, but thats it. His heart and his CL is in Madrid and thats how it is.

It pained me really in that time, because i didnt liked real madrid and seeing him scoring that goal and fulfilling his career in that team was too much. It still pains me.

Now seeing him so fulfilled being real madrid coach kind of ticks on those wounds again. He was my fav Juve player of all time...DelP and Nedved just a little below him.
This ten times!

This is what makes him different then say Henry and for Arsenal.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At the time of his transfer, he was very annoyed about us being losing finals left and right and wanted to go to a team who could give him that glory, so he choosed real.

One year later and he was like "oh my, i was losing my time in Juve, HERE is where i needed to be".

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Oh yaa, i also know it from my friends del piero injured cost juventus a lot.
But actually, it's hars to imagine club with lippi as a coach and zidane as playmaker would decline like that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zidane wanted out, forced his way out.
When he went to Madrid, like hydde said, he was "wasting his time" here.
He never shows up at juventus events, but at all madrid events.
He always talks about real
When real faced us, he "didnt know" what receptions the fans would give him
When he mentions juventus, its about pogba and wanting him

On the other hand. Trez and Camo were part of a team that got send to serie b with -15 points. Logical they arent sure. yet they did stay after convincing. Zlatan was also convinced, but he had raiola force his way out. (he was here just 2 years, i'm not blaming him)

Zidane joined a juventus that had just won the CL. We played 2 finals, he chocked in both. Against dortmund paul lambert marked him out of the game, and against madrid Redondo won the battle aswel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)