kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Retiring after ruining the world Cup chances of France?
For me, he was the main reason why France got so far. He didn't ruin France chances because the game went to penalty kicks and Trezeguet ruined their chances :D, although his dismissal was pretty pathetic and iconic. Also, his retirement was decided before the WC 2006... But, you know, opinions, opinions....

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
For me, he was the main reason why France got so far. He didn't ruin France chances because the game went to penalty kicks and Trezeguet ruined their chances :D, although his dismissal was pretty pathetic and iconic. Also, his retirement was decided before the WC 2006... But, you know, opinions, opinions....
too soon

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Retiring after ruining the world Cup chances of France?

I predict real will win some matches from now on.. (exactly like they always do..) but there comes a time they'll lose some and every madridista will be butthurt..

Seriously hope one of Bale and Ronaldo will leave that shitty club and real Madrid will crash even harder..
Rumours about pogba wanting to come to Real. relations between pogba and zidane are good! we will see media bring this story up again

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Rumours about pogba wanting to come to Real. relations between pogba and zidane are good! we will see media bring this story up again
Let them. Is for Pogba to decide. Zidane will most likely ask for him as his number 1 signing, because is obvious he wants to work with the french. If Pogba leave us, at least we will receive a shitton of money to rebuild the team for the years to come.

Anyways...lets see how Zidane fares. He is a lucky man, so maybe he will be able to pull a Conte and save the day or he will get mad and how things dont go his way and lose his players.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I feel so too. And contrary to what people are saying, they have prepared him well. He's smart in the sense that he knows football and I bet he knows how footballers think. In the real world I doubt the guy is above average in terms of intelligence, but perhaps you don't need that as a manager.
I don't.

Sure, he's an amazing player and even inspirational leader on the pitch. But he's an introvert. He's a quiet man who mostly seethes to himself. He's not the guy who is going to massage Ronaldo's ego because the papers keep mentioning Bale's record transfer fee. He's not going to keep Isco engaged while he's fighting for playing time along with James, etc. And he's not going to add any communications polish to the Real Madrid front office, which is overburdened with Perez, board members, fan expectations, and media coverage.

I actually think his appointment could be quite disastrous for the environment.

Smells like Nummer 2 though.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Let them. Is for Pogba to decide. Zidane will most likely ask for him as his number 1 signing, because is obvious he wants to work with the french. If Pogba leave us, at least we will receive a shitton of money to rebuild the team for the years to come.

Anyways...lets see how Zidane fares. He is a lucky man, so maybe he will be able to pull a Conte and save the day or he will get mad and how things dont go his way and lose his players.
real is one of the richest club they can buy every player that they want as you see they have collection of the most expensive players in the world so they will try to bring in great players like pogba i don't care about zidane future in real I'm not optimistic if we sell pogba we can't replace Pogba it will take time to rebuild team and invest on new players and new talents Selling Pogba is not going to bring players like him

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
real is one of the richest club they can buy every player that they want as you see they have collection of the most expensive players in the world so they will try to bring in great players like pogba i don't care about zidane future in real I'm not optimistic if we sell pogba we can't replace Pogba it will take time to rebuild team and invest on new players and new talents Selling Pogba is not going to bring players like him
Pogba is unique, but to be honest..our team doesnt depend on him. We can function without him...but obviously it will hurt to lose his talent.

He will most likely turn out to be one of the best players of his generation and it would be a delight to keep him. We will lose a lot inside and outside the field.... but we can function. We can invest that monet right away...but we need to be smart buyers.

Trying to sell pogba to get another pogba makes no sense anyways, as he is unique. But we should definitely find quality in varios positions to makeup for his loss.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
Pogba is unique, but to be honest..our team doesnt depend on him. We can function without him...but obviously it will hurt to lose his talent.
Good point, our team really doesnt depend on him. So if we really have to lose him one day, i think it would be for the greater good. We can use the mega transfer money to buy 2 top players.
But to attract top players we have to increase the salary cap or at least win CL, without either one we're just either going to get some 'left overs' from those rich teams or gamble on some overpriced wonder kids.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Selling stars every window won't make the club look good for the 'top' players.

Right now it seems Zidane blocked Isco sale if rumours are to be believed and he wants Morata back.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Mods should make a poll. Decision whether a player is legendary shouldnt be in the hands of few people on this board. Juventus included Zidane in their list of 50 legendary players ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)