Mar 10, 2009
by comparing Messi to Zidane, you showed how clueless you are

Pretty sure we were discussing who the best player ever was and not just certain positions, thus the comparisson is legit.

@Seven

I'm not trolling, if you can provide me a good argument how Zidane is better than Messi, then I would be to the idea.

Everyone has there own opinion, players like Raul who is a Madrid Icon came out and said Messi is the best player he's ever seen, and he's someone who's played with Zidane.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ssi-is-the-greatest-player-hes-ever-seen.html

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Zidane > Messi & CR
Del Piero > Zidane though :stuckup:

Look at the players Messi has to face up against and then you check out who Zidane and Del Piero were up against, its no contest, Messi is fantastic, but no way better than Zidane..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
yeah that's usually the case when you don't have a logical comeback

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just not being biased

Zidane is a fantastic player, but he's not the greatest player of all time, that's bull and you guys know it.
I actually think that your opinion is bullshit. How about that?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Pretty sure we were discussing who the best player ever was and not just certain positions, thus the comparisson is legit.

@Seven

I'm not trolling, if you can provide me a good argument how Zidane is better than Messi, then I would be to the idea.

Everyone has there own opinion, players like Raul who is a Madrid Icon came out and said Messi is the best player he's ever seen, and he's someone who's played with Zidane.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ssi-is-the-greatest-player-hes-ever-seen.html
He just is, dude.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Different era, different styles of football, tougher competition back then and more talented players in general. To stand out you needed to be unique, among players like Figo, Ronaldo, Henry, DP, Raul, Scheva, etc... Insanely talented generation. At the age of 34 he dragged France all the way to the WC final.

Messi on the other hand is more resembling one-eyed man, a king in the land of blind.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I think that's a bit of underrating todays footballers. Sure they are not that unique and "magical", but almost all of them are better professionals and better conditioned athletes, they are faster, stronger, quicker.

To me football yesterday was more beautiful, but saying that today it's easier is a bit of a stretch. Lets put it that way, you take C.Ronaldo or Messi in their primes and put them in 90 or 80 or even 2000 they will still be amongs the best players at that time if not better. They would be extremely boring when compared to other players, but they would be as effective as today if not more, probably the most effective players of all.

Mar 10, 2009
I don't want to cause an argument but I agree with you Raz, I think some of us need to let go of our nostalgic glasses. Don't get me wrong, that era was amazing, don't forget players like; Rivaldo, Nedved etc. But to refer to this era, as a blind era is a bit of a stretch. C.Ronaldo has proven to be a more than enough rival for Messi, and in my opinion he would have been the best player in the world in several eras. I think we tend to be realise how good eras were once they're done and dusted. Give it another 10 years and we'll be talking about the likes of; Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Xavi, Robben, Tevez, Auegero etc

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
there is a big different between an adequate dribbler like Messi , Hazard and an entertainer like zidane and delpiero and now Pogba. they all are great players.

i saw Messi do the same signature run and dribble like 1000 times and the result is am bored.
Zidane and Del piero and Pogba do things every time they play you are not used to see and the result is am excited.

Messi is a great player who never entertained me.

i always see players like Pogba del piero Ibra Zidane as superior players who can take a risk and do something out of the ordinary.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Pogba? he is nowhere even near Del Piero or Zidane, he's not even on the same planet when compared to them. He might and we will see that, but for now definitely no.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Del Piero has been the best player ever, everybody who think otherwise should be banned.

@Azzurri7 Why aren't you here Rab telling people who is right and who is wrong? :D

Mar 10, 2009
I do like entertaining players, for example Ronaldinho is a personal favorite of mine.

However

In my opinion the best players should be judged upon how effective they are in the games, how likely are they going to win you the games and what they bring. Otherwise players like Buffon are on a disadvantage, which is highly unfair because he's clearly been one of the best players in the last 15 years. Upon judging who has been the most effective players this last 15 years , I'm going to have to upset the gravey here and say it is Messi and Ronaldo.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I do like entertaining players, for example Ronaldinho is a personal favorite of mine.

However

In my opinion the best players should be judged upon how effective they are in the games, how likely are they going to win you the games and what they bring. Otherwise players like Buffon are on a disadvantage, which is highly unfair because he's clearly been one of the best players in the last 15 years. Upon judging who has been the most effective players this last 15 years , I'm going to have to upset the gravey here and say it is Messi and Ronaldo.
i will tell you something Bugatti is the best car in the world, but if i have the money to buy it, i would still buy the Camaro ss 67.
it is just a matter of what do you prefer? so yes Messi and Ronaldo have the best C.V.s of the football world. but still i would pay to watch artists like Pirlo Ibra Pogba Del piero Zidane Aimar Ronaldo9 Rivaldo Dinho Henry bergkamp Davids Recoba etc..

Mar 9, 2006
Tell me the reasons why, RUS :D
Because for me him, Pirlo, Baggio are not Juventus legends, but football legends, they are not what Del Piero, Buffon, Scirea, Conte, Trezeguet, Nedved, Sivori, Boniperti were to us, if look back on the past 4 years, Vidal gave us much more than Pirlo, but he won't be in this section of the forum for obvious reasons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)