Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Both legends.But in crunch situations,i would have my money on Bergkamp to put in a much better performance than Totti.I always got the feeling that Totti didn't always step up in crunch situations.
What about his panenka penalty in the semi final of Euro 2000?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Stop talking rubbish.

Maradona is probably the greatest player to have ever breathed oxygen. Was the best player when Serie A was the best and most competitive league in the history of the sport. In a league that included Platini, Zico, Socrates and so on, and to top it all off he won 2 league titles with Napoli. Not us, or the 2 Milan teams, with fucking Napoli.

And I'll throw in Mexico '86 too for good measure.
Easy there son, alot of faults in this.

Platini had the peak of his career from 82-85. He was firmly on the decline afterwards. and juve was in a transition period.
Zico had his last season in italy in '85, before maradona won anything

Platini during his peak, was easely the better player.

Ronaldo before his injury was more impressive. went to holland, tore up the league. went to chocking barcelona and scored more goals then games played in his first year.

Went to a really shitty inter and destroyed serie a. At some point, he was 40% of their goals. In a serie a that had the best defences to date.

After his injury he still was the worlds best striker.

I've seen both. Pre injury ronaldo was better. Could have been the best player ever

By best I mean complete.
CR7 is easely the most complete player ever.

Would have won a whole lot more if he had that tiny bit of luck. especially in 2012.

especially steroid use
Growth hormone ;)

Crespo was great, his technique was amazing.

i have a question, how high you guys rate Dennis Berkamp, i got him in the top 10 best players i watched. I've been watching football for like 18 years.
Football sorely misses players like him and del piero

True, always one of my fav players was Crespo. Amazing off the ball movement.

Funny Cheesio that you bring up Bergkamp, in Paolo Bandini's Serie A column on the guardian website, there is a debate going on in the comments section about who was better between Totti and Bergkamp.

Both in my opinion are at the same level of greatness, amazing technique with a football but both never really did it in Europe or at intl level, although Totti had a very good Euro '00 and Bergkamp had a decent France '98.

Who would you guys have?
Totti offcourse

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
All these players mentioned in the past few pages are nobodies compared to the man of this thread, stop the bullshit and pay honour

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maradona could have been the ultimate midget.... but Zidane IMO is a step above him. He was a real football god.

For starters, Zidane could dictate the tempo of the game at will. Prime Pirlo looks like an amateur in comparison. This attribute alone, is the trademark of a good player.

He was able to decide in a matter of seconds terrific passes, was able to deestabilize a whole team with a string of dribbles, had a terrific header (which he rarely used as he was always outside the box), had a terrific Free kick shot (on par with Pirlo if not better), on his prime he even had good speed with his long legs.

The dude had SUPERB balance. This was shown time after time after clashing with enemies but somehow keeping his feet and dribbling them. It is more or less what Pogba does now, but much more composed.

And last but not least...He had the best ball control and first touch i have seen on a player, ever, period. You could throw at him the worst passes Molinaro could ever do, and Zidane would intercept them and make the ball stick to his body like glue.

In summary, he mastered every possible offensive task. The only thing he was not outstanding is in the defensive department, but he was an attacking midfielder so this is no biggie.

On his day.. he looked like toying with opponents.. making it look almost like if he was doing it on purpouse just to be flashy and ridicule people neymar style... but in fact he was doing it and at the same time being super effective. He was not mocking anyone, he just did what he knew and did it so majestically that made rivals look like like stupid. His flashy moves were not for the shids and lols, he did them with a purpouse, as part of his arsenal.

And all this in an era of modern football and very fierce opposition, full of legends like him.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I have only catched zidane since he joined madrid. I watched the 1998 world cup but I was too young to make any credible judgment. His influence on the french national team surpasses the influence of any footballer on a team that I've ever seen. His presence made them the best or second best national team in the world. His absence makes them struggle to qualify out of their group despite having world class players across the pitch.

The best player performances that I've ever seen though was Ronaldinho in the 1-2 years at Barca where he peaked. It is such a shame that this man showed no continuity afterwards. I've never enjoyed a player that doesn't play for Juve the way I enjoyed Ronaldinho during that short time.

Ronaldo is the best striker I've ever seen and the player I always wanted to play for Juve more than anyone else. His composure infront of goal is unrivaled. Only Messi comes close to rivaling that composure.

I've never watched any Pele or Maradona matches so screw them.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Fucking hell, go back a few pages to find the answer you need
Maradona's 52. If you watched him in his heyday, he was in his 20s and 30s. That was 20 to 30 years ago. To truly appreciate him, you must've been in your 20s back then, as that's when the human brain truly begins to mature. That must mean you're in your 40s/50s. Which you're not. You're probably late 20s early 30s. Which means, best case scenario, you were probably barely alive when Maradona was playing.

Jul 1, 2010
Maradona's 52. If you watched him in his heyday, he was in his 20s and 30s. That was 20 to 30 years ago. To truly appreciate him, you must've been in your 20s back then, as that's when the human brain truly begins to mature. That must mean you're in your 40s/50s. Which you're not. You're probably late 20s early 30s. Which means, best case scenario, you were probably barely alive when Maradona was playing.
Zacheryah is timeless. Zacheryah always was, Zacheryah will always be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)