Mar 9, 2006
And you're the certified expert on this matter I guess. When have you started watching it?
Long time ago
Zidane on Scholes:
“Paul Scholes is still in a class of his own. He’s almost untouchable in what he does.
“I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.
“One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4240480 said:
Long time ago
I bet. That's why you can't tell the difference between Zidane and Scholes.
UEFA gave him the award for the bet player in CL for the pat 20 years but what do they know right?
Just look at his achievements both individual and with team.

Mar 9, 2006
No difference, the are both unique and great

- - - Updated - - -

UEFA gave him the award for the bet player in CL for the pat 20 years but what do they know right?
Zidane was weak in the CL, I don't understand why they did that, Raul was the best player in the past 20 years in the CL imo

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4240498 said:
Cause most people don't understand football, they adore pussies like Beckham
And you understand. You still haven't answered me when have you started watching football? Have you ever seen Zidane beside youtube clips?

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4240480 said:
Long time ago
Zidane on Scholes:
“Paul Scholes is still in a class of his own. He’s almost untouchable in what he does.
“I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.
“One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”
Of course he's gonna say that. He's respectful guy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Define overrated.
Quite.

It's one of these things I don't understand - the need to label pretty much every player overrated or underrated.

What players have there been who have been considered to be exactly as good as they really were?

Now, you get clear cases of people being vastly overrated or vastly underrated and it is for them that the overrated and underrated tags should be resevered for.

Zidane doesn't fit either category in my book, thought I guess I would suggest he is slightly overrated in that I wouldn't put him down as an all-time great in the way some people would.

That doesn't necessarily mean I think less of Zidane than other people do - it may just be that I set the mark a little higher to be an all-time great.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4240489 said:
Zidane was weak in the CL, I don't understand why they did that, Raul was the best player in the past 20 years in the CL imo
Don't agree with that, but of all the great players I seen in person, Raul is the only one I've seen put in a great performance.

He was just awesome when Schalke thrashed Inter 5-2 a couple of years back.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
And Davids got red in this one as well.

Never mind Rus continue believing Zidane is overrated and I'll continue treating him as one of the greatest players ever.
Objectively disregarding my personal affection for Del Piero I can say Zidane was even better than him.

Mar 9, 2006
And Davids got red in this one as well.

Never mind Rus continue believing Zidane is overrated and I'll continue treating him as one of the greatest players ever.
Objectively disregarding my personal affection for Del Piero I can say Zidane was even better than him.
I said i'm talking not about skills but about the media, Zidane received around 14 red cards in his career and was pretty dirty player but you will not hear it anywhere, and his career in real madrid were pretty awful - galaticos project has won only 1 CL and 1 la liga, fucking fail, and yet eveerybody remember his goal against Bayer while he had numerous of bad games for real

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4240513 said:
I said i'm talking not about skills but about the media, Zidane received around 14 red cards in his career and was pretty dirty player but you will not hear it anywhere, and his career in real madrid were pretty awful - galaticos project has won only 1 CL and 1 la liga, fucking fail, and yet eveerybody remember his goal against Bayer while he had numerous of bad games for real
But still he won all important trophies in his career and individual accolades as well. You can't diminish that.

Mar 9, 2006
But still he won all important trophies in his career and individual accolades as well. You can't diminish that.
yes, he did, so it's Scholes fail that he was born in England where national football team year after year is full with overrated retards and useless players?

In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.
Xavi

I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars’.
Thierry Henry

That's the key

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4240517 said:
yes, he did, so it's Scholes fail that he was born in England where national football team year after year is full with overrated retards and useless players?
No but he never carried England the way Zidane did France especially in Euro 2000 and Germany 2006. Don't forget he also scored 2 goals in final against Brazil in 98. One of the best players who ever played. He was key player in all of his teams and he delivered when needed.

Pointless to compare those two. Big difference between them.

Stop using quoting other players. What do you expect they will say about each other?

Mar 9, 2006
No but he never carried England the way Zidane did France especially in Euro 2000 and Germany 2006. Don't forget he also scored 2 goals in final against Brazil in 98. One of the best players who ever played. He was key player in all of his teams and he delivered.

Pointless to compare those two. Big difference between them.
no difference.
LOL so it's Scholes failure that England football team sucks and that their coaches never made him a main player, while France had their best generation of footballers of all time?

"“Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.” [22]
Jose Mourinho

"Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes."
Edgar Davids

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4240526 said:
no difference.
LOL so it's Scholes failure that England football team sucks and that their coaches never made him a main player, while France had their best generation of footballers of all time?

"“Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.” [22]
Jose Mourinho

"Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes."
Edgar Davids
As I said pointless to continue with this. We see things differently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)