Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
You're laughing about it as if I just said that Steve McManaman was as good as Zidane. Messi's career so far is amazing and the way he plays football out of this world. The same way Zidane used to do.
Zidane was playing in the best league around at that time and also the quality of the teams back then were way ahead of what they're now. World Cup's had better teams in them, Champions League had better teams.

Messi is playing in a tin pot league at the moment so no he'll never be at Zidane's level.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Zidane was playing in the best league around at that time and also the quality of the teams back then were way ahead of what they're now. World Cup's had better teams in them, Champions League had better teams.

Messi is playing in a tin pot league at the moment so no he'll never be at Zidane's level.
What? Serie A or not, Zidane used to play in the same Spanish League as Messi is right now. Also Messi is still as amazing in the Champions League as he is in La Liga and has already won that cup twice. Both of them play and out of the ordinary football.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Ronaldo is easily just as good as Messi is and he's way behind Zidane. I don't think you understood my post so much. Whilst Zidane took France to World Cup's and World Cup finals, Messi chokes it up with Argentina.

The quality of other teams these days Suns is way behind what they were back in the 90's and early 2000's. NT and Clubs included.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zidane: Juve will shine under Agnelli

Zinedine Zidane has no doubt that his former club Juventus will shine under the patronage of Andrea Agnelli.

The 38-year-old French icon participated in a legends match between Juventus and Torino to raise money for an ALS charity.

“It hurts to see Juventus in this position because this club must always win,” Zidane said.

“Things have changed. It takes time. But the Agnelli name is a guarantee and I really hope that Andrea does well.

“Did you see the goal that Del Piero scored at the weekend? It surprises me that he can still play at this level.

“It's difficult to give advice about the future. Eden Hazard is a great player at Lille, but I don't know if he can be the new Zidane.

“Jeremy Menez is doing well at Roma and could be a player worthy of Juve.”

Asked if he might return to Juventus as a director, Zidane replied: “Never say never. Also because when you are Juve, you are Juve forever.”

FI

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What? Serie A or not, Zidane used to play in the same Spanish League as Messi is right now. Also Messi is still as amazing in the Champions League as he is in La Liga and has already won that cup twice. Both of them play and out of the ordinary football.
Let me see Messi be THE key player for a World Cup victory and singlehandedly carry his national team to a World Cup final then we can talk.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Let me see Messi be THE key player for a World Cup victory and singlehandedly carry his national team to a World Cup final then we can talk.
Not to mention being the only redeeming factor in his team at the age of 34.

Nedvěd

Zidane was an absolute joy to watch. Messi is a fantastic football, so effective and will go down among the very best, but I'd rather watch Zidane playing over Messi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)