Zidane Prank (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I read this in an article on
Aftonbladet.se [http://aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,696864,00.html]

A man name, Gerald Dehan, called Zidane before their game against Ireland. He pretended to be Jacques Chirac, who was in hospital. He asked if the team could place their hands over their hearts during the national anthem, just as they did in WC '98. Zidane replied that he would certainly take it up with the rest of team. And when the game started, they all had their hands over their hearts.

don't players always keep their hand over their hearts while the national anthem is played? is this something new for the french?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I've NEVER seen a Dutch player with his hand over his heart during the national anthem. It doesn't really belong in our culture.

And yeah I heard about that prank too :D

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I've NEVER seen a Dutch player with his hand over his heart during the national anthem. It doesn't really belong in our culture.

And yeah I heard about that prank too :D
    really...damn, that's weird. I've never noticed that

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
    Over here in America, everyone puts the hand over their hearts and sing along...players who don´t do this get a big fine
    I bet there is a way to sue those who don't

:D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    There's a way to sue anybody here for anything. :rolleyes: But I don't think there's any regulation on it in the U.S. Any fines are probably imposed by the teams, and not the leagues, as a way of keeping good, patriotic PR relations with fans and sponsors.

It's the American way. No one gets upset unless someone stands to lose money ... or someone suggests that the earth is round when their religion says otherwise.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
    exactly, you will never see a southamerican nt hearing the anthem without the right hand on the chest. truth is in the last years some players have stopped doing this, whice players? the ones who play in europe...so it is a cultural difference

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
    lolol it was a really nice trick played to the france national team...
    but its rtue that everytime their national anthem is playing every player should put their right hand on their heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)