Zebina wary of Milan surge (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Zebina wary of Milan surge Tuesday 11 January, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus defender Jonathan Zebina believes his team need to rediscover their form quickly or risk being overtaken by Milan.

Fabio Capello’s side re-established a four-point advantage over Milan at the top of Serie A at the weekend, but Zebina still feels they will have their work cut out to clinch the Scudetto.

"It’s obvious that the Rossoneri are better than anyone right now," the 26-year-old told France Football magazine.

"They are going through the same exceptional period that we had at the start of the season.

"When we played them on December 18 they dominated the game, so in the end, a draw wasn’t a bad result for us.

"We weren’t good that night. We didn’t impose ourselves and we allowed them to slowly take control of the spaces and the game which could have been fatal."

The Frenchman, who has established himself as the Juventus right-back following a summer move from Roma, added: "We still have our destiny in our own hands and it’s up to us to re-find our rhythm quickly so that we maintain our advantage."

source: channel4.com

The Amazing Race between Juventus + Milan :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Interesting...

At least someone in the camp is thinking. That's good. I hope the feeling's general.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Yeah long time since both Milan and Juve raced for the title. And both teams are throw in Champions league, facing Real and Man utd, two teams in a situation quite simuliar to eachother.

This fall will be frickin awesöme!

Geof

May 14, 2004
True.

There's nothing better than a good old Juve-Milan rivalry.

Bith great clubs, who RESPECT each other. Nothing like Roma, Lazio or Inter.

Off course, respect doesn't mean we LIKE each other (think of Ancelotti)....

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
PERFECT SPORTSMANSHIP

...between 2 parties. That's what I call it!

Two great Ambassadors of Italian Football & European Football.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
Zebina snubbed Milan duo Wednesday 12 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Zebina has revealed that he snubbed moves to both Milan clubs in favour of Juventus.

The defender left Roma on a free transfer in the summer, opting for a switch to Turin rather than the San Siro.

In an interview with France Football magazine, the stopper described how he almost signed for Milan but Carlo Ancelotti wanted him to deputise for Jaap Stam.

"I also refused Inter when they offered me a ridiculously low contract," explained the right-back.

"In the end I chose Juventus because they promised me a French boss but then Fabio Capello arrived instead – a Coach who I rate highly."

The Turin giants were expected to hire Monaco tactician Didier Deschamps before Capello was offered the job.

Since signing for Juventus, Zebina has been capped for his country and credits the move to the Old Lady for raising his international profile.

-------

source: Channel 4

He did the right move...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
Zebina snubbed Milan duo Wednesday 12 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Zebina has revealed that he snubbed moves to both Milan clubs in favour of Juventus.

The defender left Roma on a free transfer in the summer, opting for a switch to Turin rather than the San Siro.

In an interview with France Football magazine, the stopper described how he almost signed for Milan but Carlo Ancelotti wanted him to deputise for Jaap Stam.

"I also refused Inter when they offered me a ridiculously low contract," explained the right-back.
"In the end I chose Juventus because they promised me a French boss but then Fabio Capello arrived instead – a Coach who I rate highly."

The Turin giants were expected to hire Monaco tactician Didier Deschamps before Capello was offered the job.

Since signing for Juventus, Zebina has been capped for his country and credits the move to the Old Lady for raising his international profile.

-------

source: Channel 4

He did the right move...
:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
At least it's good to know that Juve isn't drinking the Kool Aid internally and are aware that they are looking like runners-up lately.

Zebina should know after his experience with the winter champions last season afterall...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
yea, that winter champions tag proves to be nothing in the end, as some of the recent years will demonstrate. btw were we winter champions the last time we won the title back in 02?

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
zebina,if you are worried,then do smg for that.
defend as hell and stop worrying!!!!! :fero:

That's what I think. it's good that he said what he said, but actions speak louder than words. They already have started to surge, and we just have to hold on and play better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)