Zebina renews contract with Juve till 2011 (1 Viewer)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Salihamidzic played as RB only when it was nececsary, he was doing a solid job but it's not his prime position.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Salihamidzic played as RB only when it was nececsary, he was doing a solid job but it's not his prime position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zebina has had some good perfromances since the start of 2007. Earlier, the home crowd would whistle at him when he was subbed out. Now, when he comes off he gets much applause and respect and always acknowledges the appreciative fans. I think he is finally starting to grow up. So, good that he extended his K.
Exactly. Zebina has matured and we could use him in Serie A despite having Grygera. For all we know, the management might be thinking to use Grygera as a central defender, his preferred position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Mate, Salihamdizic can play as a right back as well as a right midfielder. Yes, Zebina is better defensively, but defending isn't the only role of a fullback. Salihamdizic dribbles and crosses better than Zebina, besides he is less clumsier. Anyways, I prefer Grygera to both of them. Taken into consideration that we've a defending left back like Chiellini, so we'll have a good balance in our backline.
Uhh, I'm not sure how much you've watched Zebina, but he is certainly capable of making some good attacks up the pitch. He's fast and can blow by opposition defenders with his pace and strength.

What we need is solidity at the back and I'm more inclined to use Zebina there until we can trust Grygera. Salihamidzic can play there but he's used to playing as a midfielder, so we'll probably use him to cover for Pavel and Camo.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
You're a lot of talk but little substance, Ahmedios. You haven't seen Grygera or Salihamdzic play right back for more than 5 games, if ever.
Generally, I don't base my opinion on what I hear or what I read, especially when it comes to football. For example, I have missed three games this term for Juventus.

I have watched Grygera a lot with Ajax and his National team in the previous couple of seasons. And I've followed Salihamidzic since he joined Bayern, especially in Europe. And I'm sure that I spotted the latter in every possible position on pitch except as a centre back or a forward.

Uhh, I'm not sure how much you've watched Zebina, but he is certainly capable of making some good attacks up the pitch. He's fast and can blow by opposition defenders with his pace and strength.

What we need is solidity at the back and I'm more inclined to use Zebina there until we can trust Grygera. Salihamidzic can play there but he's used to playing as a midfielder, so we'll probably use him to cover for Pavel and Camo.
Yes, I said the same in a previous post; Zebina is strong and quick. Also he's sometimes effective offensively, but the majority of his crosses are errant and he depends only on his strong physique. I think he is better defensively, hence I think that fielding him should depend on our left back. If the latter is more of an offensive left back, Zebina's presence would balance the back four.

As for Salih, I agree that he is a midfielder originally and he isn't as solid as Zebina. Yet, he isn't as clumsier as the latter. Anyways, I don't think that Salih will be placed as a fullback especially when we've no proper cover for Nedved, also I'm not sure whether Camoranesi or Marchionni will stay with us or not.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Zebina has had some good perfromances since the start of 2007. Earlier, the home crowd would whistle at him when he was subbed out. Now, when he comes off he gets much applause and respect and always acknowledges the appreciative fans. I think he is finally starting to grow up. So, good that he extended his K.
Zebina was always good, but his problem was his temper, now that he can control it, he showed how useful he can be, well done Zebina!!

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I like Zebina as a person but not really as a player. He's not the total piece of crap some posters make him out to be but still, he's not good enough for me to yay at his contract extension.

-edit- He has a game every now and then where he is amazing, but that's not too often and his dips compensate for it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I like Zebina as a person but not really as a player. He's not the total piece of crap some posters make him out to be but still, he's not good enough for me to yay at his contract extension.

-edit- He has a game every now and then where he is amazing, but that's not too often and his dips compensate for it.
Pretty much agree with that. I wouldn't have him as a starter but see him as a very capable backup for either RB or CB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)