zambrotta to chelsea???? (28 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

IMO Zambrotta is having a rather disappointing season. He can't be blamed completely because Capello's tactics are restricting him. He no longer has the freedom to bomb forward with abandon that he had under Lippi last season and this is definitely a negative. Gianluca isn't the best left back when it comes to defending and atm he's doing more of that than attacking. As someone said earlier, Capello is wasting Zambrotta.

Would you rather sell Del Piero for 15m or Zambrotta for 35m? It's either Zambrotta, Buffon or no one. If it's no one then we'll probably end up buying cheap.
Imo we should sell him for 35meuro.. atleast.. even if its gonna hurt.. :sad:

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

IMO Zambrotta is having a rather disappointing season. He can't be blamed completely because Capello's tactics are restricting him. He no longer has the freedom to bomb forward with abandon that he had under Lippi last season and this is definitely a negative. Gianluca isn't the best left back when it comes to defending and atm he's doing more of that than attacking. As someone said earlier, Capello is wasting Zambrotta.

Would you rather sell Del Piero for 15m or Zambrotta for 35m? It's either Zambrotta, Buffon or no one. If it's no one then we'll probably end up buying cheap.
Your absolutely right. Zambrotta is a lot more effective up on the wing. Unfortunately he's restricted from playing his natural game, and as a defender, he definitely isnt what you'd look for. But having said that, his versatility still contributes a great deal, and i think if hes pushed up to the wing, he could add another dimension to our style of play.

The fact remains, we could do with his speed up the flanks, and if Capello's style doesnt suit his natural ability, i think he does a pretty good job even when compromised as a defender. Look at it in the long run, and you'll see Capello has another 2 seasons on his contract, Zambro imo, has another 5 of top quality football. So even if the coach changes, you know that Zambrotta will have a contribution to make. If his performances this season arent impressive enough, then thats not down to his ability, its just our style of play. Which again, is not going to be permanent. New changes will occur in the close season, and who knows, it may just mean Zambro can play himself again.

As for who Id rather sell? Well if i had to sell, to be honest, I'd sell all 3 of them, Zambro, Dp and Buffon. Raise about 80-85 mil from their sales and revamp the defense, with quality additions in midfield and attack. If i had to sell only one, Id say Dp would be the weakest link of the three, and even his 15 mil sale would pretty much lead to the acquisition of Cassano and will do away with our worries up front.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
You wouldnt sell him for 45 mil €??? Thank God you're not in charge of Juventus!
I'd rather not dignifiy that with an response, as all your arogant little comments always just say "sell sell sell". If YOU'd be in charge of juventus you'd change 75% of the team every year.

Do you get a 'kick' out of selling and buying players ?

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

How much has Zambrotta really given this season? He certainly has not given us that much attacking force, being held back by Capello's tactics. Zambro is not that great defensively compared to a Chivu who can play left-back. From what I have seen this season Zambrotta has not done as much as some people think and is not important to the side. A player like Chivu is better defensively and can also add forward runs up the flank, not as much as Zambro but again the latter doesn't make as many runs up as he used to. So basically we are wasting him. I would rather obtain 40 million Euros than waste a player who could be replaced by cheaper alternatives.

Chivu would cost us something like 9 million Euros, so right there we have a great replacement for Zambro, with about another 30 million to spend on other targets. We could buy a new partner for Emerson in midfield, such as Essien, for about 10 million as well. That leaves 20 million or so for us to spend on other players, like a playmaker for instance. The more I think about this the more I say "go for it." I love Zambrotta however his sale would be very beneficial to the team. And his replacement? Chiellini, Chivu, Evra.....take your pick. Adequate alternatives.
Chivu isn't a good left-back, never has been and never will be. Chivu has never impressed me as left back. Chiellini might turn out to be as good as Zambrotta, he can't defend very well though -> same goes for Evra.
Zambrotta when defending always sacrifices himself and literally throws himself infront of the ball everytime. Zambrotta's defending is great. His positioning offensively and defensively is of the highest quality too.

Zambrotta hasn't been as important to us as he was last season, but he has still been awesome. He is the best in his position in the world.
Also very importantly, he is a an absolute fan-favourite.
A player who could lead Juve in the very near future.

The thing is though, which I wrote before. We could buy a lot of those players you mention without needing to sell Zambrotta.

Zambrotta would be perfect for the 3-4-3 which Capello is probably looking to create for next season.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I dont get a kick out of it. I dont change for the sake of it, but I believe that 4 very good players are better than an excellent one.

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Tribal Football is so full of crap. They just make up stories for the hell out of it... "Vialli confirms Chelsea interest". How in the world can Vialli confirm anything that has to do with Chelski?

Btw, Dan10, welcome to the forums :)
Thank you very much i really like this website and the people part of it :cool:

Aug 26, 2003
I think to sell Zambro would surely be a blow for us, but we have always got a good sometimes an even better replacement. but to be honest at the moment there is no better player than Zambrotta on LB position, also he is maybe the most versitile and consistant player.

I agree he is not doing what he has done under Lippi, but new coach and maybe other players get important, but still i think Zambrotta is great in his position also he can be used in other systems and push forward.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

Del Piero?
Yeah, although he's the only Juve player I have a jersey of, I just feel we're hangin on to him for too long, its time to bring a fresh new Soul to Juventus. I know Cassano or Zlatan might not be as good DP, considering their attitudes, but its still needed.

The more I read about the Zambo transfer the more I feel sick about it. On one hand we could sell him and bring in some quality players plus Chiellini to replace him. On the other hand, we could keep him and push him up fron next season while Chiellini takes LB.

If Zambo goes to Chelsea then I think I'll be a Chelsea fan too (how cool is it to watch Robben and Zambo on the flanks! Dynamite!), Zambo is one of the reasons I like Juventus.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

If Zambo goes to Chelsea then I think I'll be a Chelsea fan too (how cool is it to watch Robben and Zambo on the flanks! Dynamite!), Zambo is one of the reasons I like Juventus.
NO MATTER who leaves Juventus... I WILL NEVER BECOME A FAN OF A PLAYER!!!...

JUVE FAN 4 EVER!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The more I read about the Zambo transfer the more I feel sick about it. On one hand we could sell him and bring in some quality players plus Chiellini to replace him. On the other hand, we could keep him and push him up fron next season while Chiellini takes LB.
That's exactly the problem with selling a player like Zambrotta. He's not the kind of player whom you can just replace by getting another player for his position, because no matter who you get as his replacement, there's always the "what if we played Zambro in ____ position" problem :frown:

++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
NO MATTER who leaves Juventus... I WILL NEVER BECOME A FAN OF A PLAYER!!!...

JUVE FAN 4 EVER!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
People have been judging Zambro on the lofty standards he set last season,and now that he isn't doing as well because of Capello's tatics he's getting alot of criticism.I'm one of those who aren't against selling him for the better of the team,we all know Zambro is one of the few in the team capable of fetching a high price.But please don't start saying he's done badly or is having a bad season,because given his qualities he isn't made to excel in this position and shouldn't be restricted to the back.Capello hasn't allowed him to do what he does best,which is go on his trademark rampaging runs down the flank.As a defensive left back he has performed up to my expectations,it's not a surprise that he hasn't reproduced his stunning form and we shouldn't expect him to either,we all know he's no Maldini.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
There is a massive shortage off good attacking fullbacks in Europe, so selling Zambrotta would be silly because your overall squad quality would not improve.

Best replacement would probably be Evra.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
It is exactly because of this shortage that we will probably get a good price for Zambrotta,the replacement we're looking for need not be an attacking one.Personally I don't think it will be difficult to look for a replacement because of what Capello asks of him.There are plenty of fullbacks who are better defensively.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
It is exactly because of this shortage that we will probably get a good price for Zambrotta,the replacement we're looking for need not be an attacking one.Personally I don't think it will be difficult to look for a replacement because of what Capello asks of him.There are plenty of fullbacks who are better defensively.
Agree..!

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Unfortunately, I think that this transfer is likely to occur. When it does, Juventus will have major cash, and they could possibly purchase a left winger like Joaquin and get Chiellini back. It's not the same, but it might help.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
To sell Zambrotta without having chiellini back could be a big mistake....
True and I am sure if he is to be sold to Chelsea Chiellini will be back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)