zambrotta to chelsea???? (22 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I can't believe you guys still want Cassano, do we really need another attacking players? The forward position is not a weakness, so why spend too much $$$ for a wanking little cry baby? He wouldn't take us to the next step. He'd create havoc in the dressing room. IMO

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
I can't believe you guys still want Cassano, do we really need another attacking players? The forward position is not a weakness, so why spend too much $$$ for a wanking little cry baby? He wouldn't take us to the next step. He'd create havoc in the dressing room. IMO
Remember Cassano last year with Capello? How amazing was he? That's why we want Cassano. I certainly wouldn't say no to him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Who will he replace? Trezeguet? NO way, only Gilagol fro that.
3 strikers? what's gonna happen to Neddy? I want to keep him one more year.

Cassano will always want to play, Mutu would accept the bench with all that happened. Cassano costs too much, Mutu was free.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
bah, its true. Gilardino is our top priority on the attacking front. He is better. We need a player like him we already have Del Piero and Mutu... Trezeguet can be sold and get Gilardino.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Who will he replace? Trezeguet? NO way, only Gilagol fro that.
3 strikers? what's gonna happen to Neddy? I want to keep him one more year.

Cassano will always want to play, Mutu would accept the bench with all that happened. Cassano costs too much, Mutu was free.
Obviously we would use Mutu in exchange for Cassano. If we keep Mutu, no Cassano. Simple as that.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
All the players I read about on here, which could be bought from Zambrotta's money aren't nearly as influental to juve as Zambrotta is. It really wouldn't be worth selling Rambo for players like ' Miguel' or 'Robert Huth '.

Money can be a good arguement for selling a player. I'm yet to read a convincing one though, that actually WOULD make his sale worth while.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Remember Cassano last year with Capello? How amazing was he? That's why we want Cassano. I certainly wouldn't say no to him.
He certainly isn't a priority though. I wouldn't say no to him but I think we should concentrate on other areas and give Mutu a chance. Cassano could very well be a massive hit but he could also turn out to be a disruptive influence.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
If Moggi can get 45 million Euros from the sale of Zambrotta, I would have to say go ahead with the deal. I really like Zambro and we'll miss him, however he is not that important of a player under Capello and with Chiellini coming through he might be a fine replacement. With 45 million we could get both Cassano and Chivu from Roma, the latter being a possible left-back replacement because he certainly can play there. Lets not forget that Chelsea could give us some good players in return along with the cash like Gallas or Robert Huth, the latter being one of the best young stoppers in the world. 40 million is just to much to refuse I'm afraid.
Agree !

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
All the players I read about on here, which could be bought from Zambrotta's money aren't nearly as influental to juve as Zambrotta is. It really wouldn't be worth selling Rambo for players like ' Miguel' or 'Robert Huth '.

Money can be a good arguement for selling a player. I'm yet to read a convincing one though, that actually WOULD make his sale worth while.
Imo Zambrotta isent THAT influental to the team, in the way Capello wants Juve to play.. SO YES for around 40meuro.. its right to sell him!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

How much has Zambrotta really given this season? He certainly has not given us that much attacking force, being held back by Capello's tactics. Zambro is not that great defensively compared to a Chivu who can play left-back. From what I have seen this season Zambrotta has not done as much as some people think and is not important to the side. A player like Chivu is better defensively and can also add forward runs up the flank, not as much as Zambro but again the latter doesn't make as many runs up as he used to. So basically we are wasting him. I would rather obtain 40 million Euros than waste a player who could be replaced by cheaper alternatives.

Chivu would cost us something like 9 million Euros, so right there we have a great replacement for Zambro, with about another 30 million to spend on other targets. We could buy a new partner for Emerson in midfield, such as Essien, for about 10 million as well. That leaves 20 million or so for us to spend on other players, like a playmaker for instance. The more I think about this the more I say "go for it." I love Zambrotta however his sale would be very beneficial to the team. And his replacement? Chiellini, Chivu, Evra.....take your pick. Adequate alternatives.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Chelsea talk about Zambrotta just to make UEFA believe they're going for him and at the end they'll end up with Cole.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'd say yes to 30m or anything in excess of that amount. Zambrotta is one of my favourite players and a top left back but no one player is bigger than the team. The benefits of selling Gianluca for a massive sum of cash are too good to ignore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)