Zambrotta Leaving? (4 Viewers)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Sky sports:
Juventus president Franzo Grande Stevens has insisted that the club must sell players before making new signings.

General manager Luciano Moggi has already stated their transfer situation, and Stevens reiterated their financial position.

Despite Fabio Capello steering his side to the Serie A title last season, there is not a huge pot of cash available for new additions.

Stevens insisted that the club would have to sell some players before bringing new faces into the squad.

"In Juve's current group there are few untransfereable players," said Stevens. "We will make a few other signings, but before that we must sell.

"There aren't any other ways for clubs like ours. Juve doesn't have any benefactors and we want to respect the financial rules defined by law."

Some reports have suggested that Marcelo Zalayeta and Gianluca Zambrotta could be the big names to leave Stadio Delle Alpi in order to fund reinforcements.

This could be true since Miccoli has entered the Cassano transfer formula and now we need extra cash....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
This is a pshycilogical tactic. We have so many fringe players especially in the midfield (Kapo/Blasi/Appiah/Tacch/Giannichedda now) so he means to get rid or part exchange these before we start properly spending & sticking initial bids. We're such an organised club. Respecting the transfer policy without exceeding bids unlike other clubs who pay through there noses for average players and then wondering why they've flopped. Drogba-Chelsea, The whole Inter team, Real Madrid. What ever man you know what i mean.

OP
Hambon

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    I hope it is...Zambo is a crucial part of our defence and we cannot afford him to leave just because we need to sell to make money for other players....specially if it will be because of a striker....we have plenty

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
    I think its going to pay for the new ground...at least I hope it is.

For god's shake we are stupid if we belive that.Schalke's stadium which is one of the best in Europe(that were cl finall 2004 took place) cost them 32 M euros.And
    we will pay 250 M euros to build a stadium which is not from tha start if you consider that it will be built inside Delle Alpi.So where those money go?Maybe to save FIAT

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++

For god's shake we are stupid if we belive that.Schalke's stadium which is one of the best in Europe(that were cl finall 2004 took place) cost them 32 M euros.And
    we will pay 250 M euros to build a stadium which is not from tha start if you consider that it will be built inside Delle Alpi.So where those money go?Maybe to save FIAT
    well there could be several "difficulties" in building a stadium inside a stadium.
    It sure would be easier to start with a empty piece of ground like Schalke did.

Im not that bothered that we have to sell, we have a lot of average players who dont actaully add much to the team, selling them will be beneficial in the long term, helping preventin the team from become lax ensureing everyone recognises that if they dont perfrom they get shipped out.

Regarding fiat....thats fine by me, surely they musta given us a chunk of money along the line, might as well help when we can.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    thats not for sure, we will get Chiellini and maybe Parisi... so I actually doubt we will have Zambro here with us next season.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    These are the players i'd get rid of: Firstly:Get our money from fiorentina for maresca & miccoli. Secondly: Blasi/ Appiah/ Kapo/ Tacchinardi, not sure how much we'll get for these lot, include in trade. Stick zambrotta more consistantely down the flank cos we look so dangerous everytime hes on a mad surging run! Whipping that shit in... ha haaa yeah!! my thought anyway.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    There are many players that could leave to get us the money we need:

-Maresca's and Miccoli's 50%--> 8M
    -one of: Appiah, Blasi, Tacchi--> 6M
    -one of Oliveira / Kapo --> 4M
    -Zalayeta --> 30M :p no seriously I guess 8M would be fine
    -Birindelli: 1M
    -Montero: 2M
    -Legro or Tudor: 3 M

that is a total of 32M Euro. That will be enough to buy 1 worldclass player (15-20M), 2 good subs (4-5M each), and still have room for one/two youngsters . (I'm talking in Euro's)

Of course if we are planning to bring in players like Ronaldinho/Adriano/Sheva/Nesta/Gerrard/..., then we might consider selling Zambrotta. But as it's not the case... I say NO!

By the way, how much do you think is Zambrotta worth? smthing like 25-30M?

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    We're easily looking at the best left back in the word without doubt not being biased. hes so comfortable on the ball and work rate is really good, i'd say if you want him £20m. But teams will be put off on that so realistically £15-18m easily.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Im pretty sure Zambrotta is going to leave. Not only that, denying that Trez is going to leave on several occasions, excluding him from the rest, is apparant that he is going.

Its Trez and zambrotta to go, im sure of that. The fact that we are very obviously interested in other LB in the form of Chellini and Parisi indicates that someone in that position is going, and Ill be ****ed if its Birindelli..

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I too think trez should go first ok he scores vital goals but if we recalled back to our last few C.L exits where was our Trezegol!? Against deportivo 2004 both legs he was injured, DP got injured after 6min. this year against Liverpool Where was he? We were unlucky to be evicted againt the scousers or shall I say spain!! We need more reliabilty strikers. Laters Trez! how can I put this? ......YOU GOTTA GO!!!! GOTTA GO!! G'ON GET OUT AND FUND OR FUTURE STARS. ENTER CASSANO.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I dont want him to go. If I had the choice, I would rather it was Mutu out the door, Trez is by far more of a nessercary player to the squad!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Trez seems the big one to leave IMO, Zambrotta should stay...he really is a great player, but I guess if a big offer arrives then I dont know, we have the chiellini option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)