Zambrotta is Man of 2003 (1 Viewer)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
Lippi: Zambrotta is man of 2003

Sunday 21 December, 2003

Football Italia

Marcello Lippi looks back on a successful year for Juventus and explains how he rediscovered Gianluca Zambrotta.

“Every Coach must find a solution to everyday problems,” noted the tactician. “When Zambrotta returned from injury he found Mauro Camoranesi doing well on the right flank.”

“I thought it silly to sacrifice one of them, so I asked Zambrotta to try playing at left-back for a while.”

t proved a decisive switch, as the former Bari winger has now become a firm fixture in the Juve and Italy defence.

“The real praise must go to Gianluca,” continued Lippi, “as his progress is entirely down to him. I’d like to point out that he hasn’t missed a cross with his left foot for months now.”

That tactic helped the Bianconeri win their second consecutive Scudetto, the Italian Supercup and reach the Champions’ League Final, but the heartbreak of that Old Trafford shoot-out defeat remains.

“It has been an extraordinary year and I am more than satisfied with the outcome. With one more penalty it could have been an unforgettable 2003.”

The final match of the solar year will be staged at Lecce’s Stadio Via del Mare, although Pavel Nedved, Alessio Tacchinardi, Paolo Montero and Lilian Thuram have not made the trip.

“All the smaller teams give 110 per cent when they face Juventus,” noted Lippi, “but Lecce really do need points to get out of the relegation zone. It won’t be an easy ride for us.”

-----------------

a player that get switched to diff roles w/o complaining is worth the praise :D

forza my man, zambro....:cheesy::cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I prefer to see Zambro on the wing. He tires out a lot quicker in defense since he has to do a lot more. But yes i agree, he is one of the most underrated players in the Juve squad. Defintely a top class performer.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I think that Zamb is not only one of the most underrated players in Juve's squad, I think he's one of the most underrated players in the world!

His performances have been fantastic, he was one of only a couple of Juve players who stood out in the CL final, he was great in that game.

Everyone says that Roberto Carlos is the best left back in the world, I'd prefer Zamb anytime (having said that, I am biased!)!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
nobody in the team deserves recognition more than zambrotta,for having such a drastic change in position and still excelling in what he does.

Forza Zambrotta!!:thumb:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I just loved the ball Zambrotta gave to Nedved vs Real Madrid in the semis. Class :cool:
I just hate it when he got sent off in the Euro '00 semi final:D

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
I think that Zamb is not only one of the most underrated players in Juve's squad, I think he's one of the most underrated players in the world!

His performances have been fantastic, he was one of only a couple of Juve players who stood out in the CL final, he was great in that game.

Everyone says that Roberto Carlos is the best left back in the world, I'd prefer Zamb anytime (having said that, I am biased!)!!
You r not baised...you r just very honest:D

I like him not just becoz of his consistenly good performances but becoz he's never given up and I've hardly seen him complaining to refs or arguing with other players on the pitch.

1 thing I've noticed about Zambro is that he is the player whom every juve fans love. I've never found anyone here blaming him or criticizing him harshly like they did to other juve players.

FORZA ZAMBRO :thumb:

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
Zambro is always the man of the year for Juve....he is very consistente...
like Thuram, Nedved and Buffon.....for me right now they are the 4 big of juve...
Buffon
Nedved
Zambro
Thuram..

OP
kaizer

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I just loved the ball Zambrotta gave to Nedved vs Real Madrid in the semis. Class :cool:
    :thumb: it was top class pass.....still gives me chill everytime i see that being replayed :D

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    Yeah, that ball was picture perfect..and who can forget the ball he delivered to Miccoli against Ancona!? LOL - I think that's going to be the only header Miccoli scores this season and many to come...
    Back on topic though, I'm sometimes criticised by friends for praising players like Zambrotta with titles such as; 'the best left back in the world at present' and 'one of the most versatile players that's ever graced a top flight team like Juve' but I think there's strong truth in both them statements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)