Zambro In Midfield??? (1 Viewer)

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
at the moment he is defiently one of the best left backs in the world and his best feature for him is the ability to come forward and cause havoc for the opposition. i do sometimes have a few doubts over his tackling side but that improved more and more in the LB role.

but as juve saying they are bringing back chillieni :D i dont think we can keep them both happy with 1 of them losing out. i would like to see zambro playing in an attacking midfield role and chillieni at LB, zambro could have more attacking runs in midfield and one of our problems this season has been coming foward in the big games.

what do you lot think??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I think he should play RB instead of Midfield, but rather stay as LB. Chiellini is backup and used as his sub mainly IMO at least for now... if we dont sell Zambro that is.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zambrotta in midfield would perhaps be a good idea however where would Nedved be fielded? Until Nedved is no longer able to play for Juventus Zambrotta will be stuck at either left or rightback.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Why not play Zambro as a right winger? We've seen this season that Camo plays well when he moves infield a bit more instead of being restricted to running purely down the right flank. Of course it'd be better to have a more reliable replacement at LB than the relatively inexperienced Chiellini, but experimentally speaking, how about this:

-------------Buffon
Zebina--Thuram--Canna--Chiellini
-----------Emerson
Zamb--Camo------Nedved
-------------Mutu/Zlatan
---------Zlatan/Trez

Maybe a little unbalanced, but it could work :nervous:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Why not play Zambro as a right winger? We've seen this season that Camo plays well when he moves infield a bit more instead of being restricted to running purely down the right flank. Of course it'd be better to have a more reliable replacement at LB than the relatively inexperienced Chiellini, but experimentally speaking, how about this:

-------------Buffon
-----------Emerson
Zamb--Camo------Nedved
-------------Mutu/Zlatan
---------Zlatan/Trez

that sounds like the best we could do with what we have and putting zambrotta on the midfield or

camo - emo - zambrotta
--------neddy

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

-------------Buffon
-----------Emerson
Zamb--Camo------Nedved
-------------Mutu/Zlatan
---------Zlatan/Trez

That reminds me very much of Guus Hiddink's tactical formation with PSV this year. He would use one holding midfielder, usually Vogel, to shield the defense, while Cocu would roam the left side of midfield with van Bommel taking an attacking role on the right. In attack, Beasley would roam the right flank all by himself, Farfan would have free roam up top, and Jan VOH would be the sole targetman. That is very much like the lineup you posted above, and I really admire that sort of Ducth 4-3-3 setup.

I could see Zambrotta causing a lot of trouble on the right, or he could switch flanks and trouble the defense on the left. Of course Camoranesi and Nedved would be a bit more restricted without the presence of another defensive midfielder, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. However you know Capello will not dare use such tactics Graham. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That also is very much like my Parma team in WE8, although playing with that formation tends to bunch up the midfield too much in the game. :groan:

Frey

Bonera - Ferrari - Boumsong - Brechet

Dhorasoo ^ Rochemback ^ Emre

Marchionni - Gilardino - Mutu

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

i complimented your team. give Hleb a try. he was a pleasure to have on the team
Yeah I might try to get Hleb. As you can see I will be searching for a new left-back, another top class center-back, and also a replacement for Vikash Dhorasoo. Actually the latter has been very disapointing this year.

I think I might sell Gilardino though. :undecide:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Noway, the reason that zambro is getting space to run in is cuz he comes from the back, and the midfielder already took away at least one defender with him.He is doing very well offesnsively and defensively this year.He will play in that position in the azzuri so why change that ?

If we bring chiellini in then he should be shifted to right back or cheillini will be just a back up.

camo did very well in his right wing position, he produced so many assits.I'd rather put him there than in the CM position cuz he is not strong or fast enough.

OP

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    Chiellini is backup and used as his sub mainly IMO at least for now... .
    i dont think we can have chiellini for back up after the season he had, he probadly will become another micolli and leave then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)