Zalayeta vs Forlan (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
he's done more than well at sociedad so far,he's been phenomenal really.
He's been better than phenominal. Kova is a great player in the Spanish league, and he is the key to Sociedads attack. He is playing better than Trez, DV, and Salas put together this year, almost as well as DP.

Jul 28, 2002
but thats in la liga.......yeah he was a great player to come of the bench..i kinda miss darko..but hey at least he starts now

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
but thats in la liga.......yeah he was a great player to come of the bench..i kinda miss darko..but hey at least he starts now
That goes back to a theory I had, that every La Liga top scorer thinks that he has to come to Italy, but he ends up being average if not worse. Darko is one of such examples. He was top scorer, then Juve bought him and he came in, and showed flashes of brilliance, but was only good as a sub in Serie A. However he is one of the world's best strikers in the right situation and even in Italy he was better than most. But you're right, I miss Darko too, it would have been good to have him last year and this year too, we would not have had to buy DV.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
what do you think gives them the idea that they should come to serie a?
they feel like serie a is the true test of their attacking prowess..if ever its real. hard fact: serie a is an attackers nightmare. serie a top scorers would rack-up dozens & dozens of goals if they were to play in the EPL or La Liga...no offense to EPL & Liga admirers...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++

they feel like serie a is the true test of their attacking prowess..if ever its real. hard fact: serie a is an attackers nightmare. serie a top scorers would rack-up dozens & dozens of goals if they were to play in the EPL or La Liga...no offense to EPL & Liga admirers...

does everyone believe that?? I mean i see darko racking goals up there. I think esnaider did well too...

But I think darko would have done equally well playing for parma or the likes...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
Yeah, but not as much as they would in the La Liga or EPL
I don't know, Darko is playing pretty well with Sociedad, what's to say that with a starting spot he could not be as good in Serie A?

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Well, he is playing excellently well at sociedad. but IMHO, i don't think he's score as consitently in italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)