Zalayeta vs Forlan (2 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Dpf... if you fail to see his talent thats your loss.. you will see.

A guy who has pace, a great shot, can drbble has vision... that doesnt impress you well... what does!!
Give the guy a chance to settle in and stop being blinded by 'go along with the crowd syndrom'

Who mentioned the liverpool goal... yeah it was dudeks mistake, so what.
His performance was still very good, his second was class.
The game against newcastle where he ruled the pitch, everything came from him, two great assists... one of which he drbbled 3 men and laid the perfect cross.

His stunning first goal for united.... and no it wasnt a one off... he did it all the time for independiente... plus in the world cup this past summer.

The fact that outside of becks hes the best freekick taker in the epl.....

No your right... theres nothing worth looking at here... you will see.

And then theres the minor detail his game isnt naturally suited to the epl (he would be great in italy or spain), hes young 1000's of miles away from home, having to learn a new language, adjust to a completely new climate , a new way of life and on top of that has to live in manchester (No offence to manchunians but your city is a complete sh1thole (getting better but still an awful place)... what do you want from him.

If your so sure do one thing, forget about manu's barage of wannabe glory hunter fans and go and sit in the stands at old trafford and ask about forlan.... you will only find one view and it isnt your one or that of all the supposed fans that dont even see the matchs.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
If you had ever seen Forlan at independiente, you would know exactly what he is capable of... He is a very talented player, that once he beds in at manu will become something a bit special.
Hes starting to show it now... his last three starts for manu he was by far the best player on the pitch, and as he gets more play and his confidence grows he will prove all the doubters wrong and show exactly what a bargain he is.... jus wait til next season.
Well, I don't follow Indepente, but unfortunately I do see every Man U game and Forlan hasn't played more than two good games for that club.

And even so far, ok he hasnt been finnishing but you cant miss the quality that is waiting to come out..
Perhaps I can miss said quality. He seems to me to be a player that can't cut it at the top levels.

Zala is in no way a useless player, he is a good player that offers another dimension to our squad.... ok he aint no world star but hes the ideal bench player.... and has done some very good things for us..... he is useful..
Useful? I think not. He has scored goals that any other striker could have scored. He is taking a spot on the team from other players and is taking money from the team to pay his salary. He has virtually no potential and his only plus is that he doesn't complain. Paramatti didn't complain either.

You also say he cost us money... when exactly???
We bought him for next to nothing.. then he spent most of his juve time at other clubs on loan when we didnt have to pay his wages... so how exactly has he cost us anything??
We are paying his wages, I think that he gets paid in money...

I think you should go back and watch some of his games this year and re evaluate.
The perfect example of the dimension he adds can be seen in the newcastle game at SJP.
Where his arrival on the pitch changed the game and he caused the newcastle defence all kinds of trouble... something our star line up had failed to do...... He is more than useful!!
Your example is not entirely sound. When he was brought on his advantage was fresh legs, not talent. Zala is a blundering idiot, he has no shot with either foot, he has no footskills, his runs are atrocious if he even bothers to make them, and he couldn't beat a quadrapalegic in a footrace. He is not useful. His spot would be better used in developing some real talent like Guzman or Pericard or Miccoli, or somebody who might be good in the future.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Dpf... if you fail to see his talent thats your loss.. you will see.
I guess everyone has his own opinion on players .. but believe me Im not saying things based on other fans' views or just 'going' with the trend .. Its purely my opinion, based on what I've seen from the player ..

Its true Forlan dribbled past a couple of players and then crossed the ball, but so what? Birindelli does that .. does this suddenly make him a talented player? Anyway, I don't think Forlan has the flair of an Argentine nor the style of an Italian, he's a 'normal' player .. nothing special about him ..

Nevertheless I respect ur opinion, and I guess time will tell ;)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I guess everyone has his own opinion on players .. but believe me Im not saying things based on other fans' views or just 'going' with the trend .. Its purely my opinion, based on what I've seen from the player ..

Its true Forlan dribbled past a couple of players and then crossed the ball, but so what? Birindelli does that .. does this suddenly make him a talented player? Anyway, I don't think Forlan has the flair of an Argentine nor the style of an Italian, he's a 'normal' player .. nothing special about him ..
Please do not lower yourself to this folly of comparisons to biri.... it is truly laughable and you are far better than that.

As he is neither argentine nor italian why would he attempt to be them... he is uruguayan , and typically so!!
Do not denigrate that!!

Nevertheless I respect ur opinion, and I guess time will tell ;)
And i yours.... and yes it will!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
no, not really. He has uch better technique, he can outskill players go past them, score from long range, good passer..

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Foraln has always had a good reputation, but he has yet to prove himself.

RVN basically ripped the EPL apart in the first half of the season when he came and continues to do so in the CL also.

Forlan might take longer and might not make that much of an impact(He's not Dutch ;)) But time should tell...

ABout Zala, Ian I disagree because I can name a number of players in our squad who do a lot less than him and yet get paid well. Baiocco, Moretti, Biri, SALAS!!! the list goes on....

He's not the best, hell he's not near the best, but he's young, he's decent, and hell he WORKS HARD. In fact, he's reminiscent of Pippo- he sees the situation and the moment he gets in he tries a shot, or causes trouble to the opposing defence.

Maybe any attacker can score his goals, but how many of them actually try and get into those situations?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
ABout Zala, Ian I disagree because I can name a number of players in our squad who do a lot less than him and yet get paid well. Baiocco, Moretti, Biri, SALAS!!! the list goes on....

He's not the best, hell he's not near the best, but he's young, he's decent, and hell he WORKS HARD. In fact, he's reminiscent of Pippo- he sees the situation and the moment he gets in he tries a shot, or causes trouble to the opposing defence.

Maybe any attacker can score his goals, but how many of them actually try and get into those situations?
All that may be true, but Zala is the most expendable, I think that his spot could be better used.

Jul 12, 2002
Fine mates, if you'd all like to judge a player on his form coming off of an injury, that's your mistake to make, but it seems to me that Salas, even on current poor form is at least as good as Zala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)